PDA

View Full Version : heated storage and winterization

Laz
10-04-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a reasonable deal on heated storage which comes with 24 hour monitoring. This will allow me to avoid shrink-wrapping which I am not a fan of.

Do I still need to winterize?

Thanks,

Laz

Hydrofoiljunky
10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I keep my boat in our heated garage at the shop. Never gets below 45. I did it with the old boat too. Never had a problem. Plus you never know what year your going to say " You know what? I'm gonna go skiing on New years day"

Chad

04OUTBACK
10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Laz
I would probably take a few precautions.. just in case heat went out...

zabooda
10-04-2008, 03:40 PM
I'd ask the manager of the storage the $3,000 question. What provisions do they have to maintain temperatures above freezing and what liability do they have for damages resulting from inadequate heating of the storage unit. If they satisfy your needs then go for it. If you are left out to dry if the heat is lost, then you have to ask yourself "Do you feel lucky?"

maxpower220
10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
It depends on what you define at "winterize". You still need to stabil the gas, fog the engine, fog the cylinders, drain or fill the gas tank (opinions vary on that), and change the oil/filter.
Draining the block of water or filling it with bio anit-freeze is the only other step.

Laz
10-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks. Your responses were helpful. I will make sure the boat is winterized regardless of how it's stored.

Laz