PDA

View Full Version : Addiction...

ian ashton
10-04-2008, 11:12 AM
So, it was 34 degrees when I woke up this morning. Its about 45 degrees right now.

I'm leaving my office and heading to the water. I'm hoping to find some people on the water that want to team up and ride, but I'm not very confident, it will probably be me and some fisherman.

I'm definately planning on riding tomorrow evening when I've got a 2nd and 3rd person.

I hate having fall/winter :(

moombadaze
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
ian, i will have to say your pretty hard core to ski in those temps. for us this is the best time of the year-water still warm, air temp good and hardley anybody else on the water. I love it when school starts-lakes are empty and water is flat.

jester
10-04-2008, 12:44 PM
I have to agree that this is the best time of year to be out. Too bad people dont like going on the water when the air temp is below high 70's. My friends called me crazy this year when i wanted to go out when it was rainning. Not like your not going to get wet when you get in the water anyways.

danimal365
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
We need to get some guys from michigan together to ride in the fall... None of my friends want to come out now either.

D

04OUTBACK
10-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Fair weather friends.. ha

I am aiming to go out every month this year.. I started in Feb this year..
Gonna order a drysuit this weekend!

Ian, I would call you committed for sure.. addiction would come into the picture too.

Extending the summer much longer helps feelings when making that payment all winter..

I would hate to only get out June-august..

jester
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
You have to love the Fair weather friends. I also want to go out everymonth but i dont have a heated place for my boat to be in the winter. It is covered but not heated so i have to get it winterized. But if anyone in Oregon needs a third i am more then happy to go out even if it is snowing out.

moombabound
10-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Last week had unusually warm weather, including one record high day. Skied four times afternoon of Oct. 1. Air hit 80F, water hit 70F. Incredible numbers for October in Alberta. Lake was a mirror at 2 PM. What a way to end the season. Plus, first October ski ever.

Parked the boat today. Now have to set all interests aside for 6 months and dedicate life to that great Canadian passtime (obsession?) called hockey. (Well, some snowmobiling too).

Merry Christmas everyone!

10-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Moombabound, what lake in Alberta were you on Wednesday where the water temps were 70? I posted some pics from Thursday on Sylvan, it was an epic day to be on the water.

moombabound
10-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Jackfish. 60km west of Edmonton. Here is a pic of what beheld the eye at 2 PM. If you detect any ripple at all, those were from us launching the boat. Mirror prior to that.

KurtL
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Good neighbors to the north,

We as well had nice weather the first few days of October. The last ski was Thursday night. 7:15pm Air 58 F, water 53 F, no wet suit. It was great!!!:D The boat is now at the dealer for winterization.

Season here starts early May (ice came off second weekend this year). Boat has to be in heated garage until mid to late June just to be on the safe side. I'm sure you guys are even a couple weeks later?

10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Jackfish hey, that looks perfect. I've always wanted to board there.

Sylvan didn't even hit 60 that day, hence the dry suits.

ian ashton
10-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I rode last night, air temp started at 60 and dropped. Wind was high, water was chop. I don't know what the water temp was, I'm going to pick up a thermometer and measure the temp tomorrow when I go out again. All I know is it was ccoolldd! Definately glad I ordered the heater!

ian ashton
10-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Another beautiful night on the water;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1655&stc=1&d=1223645194
This was taken in the main body of the lake, we wakeboard & ski in a bay where the water was pure glass.

Air temp started out at like 68-70 degrees, but once the sun started falling so did the air temps (It dropped to like 35 degress last night.) The water was freezing cold, but I don't know the temp.

bashton
10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
We are headed out there tonight, as we are experiencing close to record high temps in the high 70's today. Ian is heading right from the airport to the boat, where I will be anxiously waiting with the tanks full, my ski and his wakeboard on the racks.

I hate the thought that this may be our last blast of the season!

Since I have been nursing my injury, I know I have to get as much on the water time as possible, even if I do have to "take it easy!".

BA