PDA

View Full Version : Moomba on boat lift

sextons
01-15-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm looking for advice from Moomba owners who store their boat on a lift during the summer. Did you go with a canopy for your boat lift and have to fold your tower down when on the lift (if so how well does that work) or did you go with an open lift and cover your boat? If you use a boat cover did you get a custom cover or use the Moomba cover with the trailer straps and just fold those up?
Thanks!

01-15-2004, 10:01 PM
sextons

I use a shorestaion without the canopy,it is something like a 1400 dollar's added to the cost of the lift alone. I have a tower on my ls and use the moomba cover when it is on the lift. I got the side carpeted guides from shorestation which are great and allow you to walk around one side or the other of the boat and gives you a great place to tie your cover straps to.If I can answer any more questions give a shout .

chris

BLKOUTLS
01-15-2004, 10:27 PM
sextons

I use a shorestation lift for my ls with tower. I did not purchase a canopy for it a 1400 dollar option. I think its great and i use my Moomba cover with it and it works great . I got the optional side guide bunks and they work great you can walk on either side of your boat and strap the cover tie downs to it. hope this helps

chris

01-20-2004, 08:29 PM
We have a 2000 Kamberra, stored on a lift for the summer. We keep our tower up, and altered our "Moomba" towing cover, using the existing ropes and adding buckles from old life jacets in order to go around the poles. It turned out great and was minimal cost, we sewed the cover ourselves on a household sewing machine. It took a little innovation and some time, but it looks like a custom cover now!!

gina