PDA

View Full Version : ZDecals Boat Wrap Program

ZDecals
10-01-2008, 04:38 AM

kaneboats
10-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Welcome! And thanks for the info. Lots of folks around here have been asking for it. Ed, maybe we can get get a live demo of this at the Orlando Jam?

ian ashton
10-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Very cool!

adsman
10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
AWESOME! keep us looped in.

I understand you will have a "custom designed artwork" price and a "stock artwork" price... how about a price if we submit the artwork assuming we could deliver it in the exact specs and file format that you would need (i have free access to some killer graphic designers)

ZDecals
10-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Yes, if you can send it to our specs we can make the final adjustments, print and ship. For a price on those kind of deals it will be based on the amount of coverage. bigger decal, bigger price, etc. Also, as far as the stock designs go, we will also be making smaller stock designs that go where the current factory logos go. These will be made where it will be much easier to install (because it's smaller) and cheaper too.

tazz3069
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Nick--
Thanks for the post. I saw your Supra graphics. They came out awesome. My Local dealer, Boulser Boats, said that they will be doing business with you. Great job. If things work out, I will be getting a full wrap.
Tazz

AustinXLV
10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
This is great! I have also been looking into this and already have a friend creating the graphics. If I could get a file format that would work to send to you for printing even better! Please let us know if this is possible. Thanks!

fingerstick
10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
go seek customers elsewhere. This is for moomba forums only.

tattedguy
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Your boat wraps look great!

Hammer
10-21-2008, 10:30 PM
ZDECALS do great work waiting on my rap to get printed and shiped
nothig wrong with a little heads up on defferent decals you get something
no one else has. Thats my to sence !

Hamrit !

04OUTBACK
10-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Hammer
Fingersticks post was addressed to A SPAMMER who had posted in here but is now deleted..

Post photos as soon as you get the wrap on! Love to see.

aerophoto
10-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Guess some of this friendly bunch aint so friendly.

I love your work keep it up!!

And Welcome

go seek customers elsewhere. This is for moomba forums only.

Hammer
10-21-2008, 11:23 PM
04 outback Didnt take me long to decide to do this once i saw the proof unbelievable how it changes the whole look of the boat with out to much wrap.once its done i will post some picks. Man cant wait!

Hamrit !

Sled491
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
I also am waiting for my cut and ship. I for one am glad to have run into these guys. I like it when some one makes my life and quest for new cool stuff easy!

ian ashton
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
I also am waiting for my cut and ship. I for one am glad to have run into these guys. I like it when some one makes my life and quest for new cool stuff easy!

What are you waiting for; give us a prevoew of your design!

Sled491
10-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Now Now grasshopper, be paitent.

ian ashton
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
Now Now grasshopper, be paitent.

LOL. You obviously don't remember my thread "I ordered a boat and have to wait XX days to get it!" that I posted in about every 15 minutes complaining about having to wait so long, lol.

fingerstick
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
sorry about that guys.I dig those z wraps.I was slammin' on the guy spammin'

Hammer
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM
My bad Fingerstick didnt know , Where all family here !

Hamrit !

98outback
12-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I just called them about a partial on my boat and they quoted me 2200.00. This does not even include the back of the boat and only half way up from the back to the front of the boat. This was for one of their premade designs too. What happen to this right here. This is from their post on this forum. I hate to see them give theirself a bad name on the forum for trying to rip us off.

"For the amount of coverage you saw on the Mobius, and the Supra on our website, custom designed for your boat it will be $1,500 shipped to your front door. This includes UNLIMITED artwork with our designers until you say "Perfect!" Our stock designs that we are working on will be shipped out for $950 to your front door. ".

ZDecals
12-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I just called them about a partial on my boat and they quoted me 2200.00. This does not even include the back of the boat and only half way up from the back to the front of the boat. This was for one of their premade designs too. What happen to this right here. This is from their post on this forum. I hate to see them give theirself a bad name on the forum for trying to rip us off.

"For the amount of coverage you saw on the Mobius, and the Supra on our website, custom designed for your boat it will be $1,500 shipped to your front door. This includes UNLIMITED artwork with our designers until you say "Perfect!" Our stock designs that we are working on will be shipped out for $950 to your front door. ".

Hey guys this is Nick with ZDecals, just wanted to clear things up. I showed the sales person you talked to this post and he obviously misunderstood exactly what was asked. A half wrap is not $2200, that is more like the price of a full wrap. So how much is the price on the half wraps? Not anywhere close to $2200, but very close to our previous post a few months ago. However we are in current negotiations with our material manufacturers and designers trying to nail down a solid price for you guys. Once it is official I'll let you guys know. We're still trying to iron out the details on the program as it has not "Officially" been approved. Our goal is to provide the most exciting, head turning designs on the lake to Skier's Choice customers at a solid fair price. We enjoy hearing everything you guys have to say as we are tailoring this program based on what the Skier's Choice community wants. As for the wraps, they are drop dead gorgeous in person. You're going to have to convince yourself and others it's not paint when you have one installed. If you need anything please let me know as I will be more than happy to answer all your questions. You can shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] Thanks for your interest in ZDecals.

sandm
12-12-2008, 07:26 PM
a half-wrap should be $995, as indicated in your first post. Not "very close to our post a few months ago"..

Your quote "We're still trying to iron out the details on the program as it has not "Officially" been approved" basically negates everything in the first post where you are giving concrete pricing. your reputation will be gone in a second if you are posting prices then telling people it will be something completely different.

I am impressed with the designs and think you have some nice artwork to really dress up a boat, but you might want to eliminate ALL mention of pricing until you have firm prices that you will stick to.

ZDecals
12-12-2008, 08:59 PM
a half-wrap should be $995, as indicated in your first post. Not "very close to our post a few months ago"..

Your quote "We're still trying to iron out the details on the program as it has not "Officially" been approved" basically negates everything in the first post where you are giving concrete pricing. your reputation will be gone in a second if you are posting prices then telling people it will be something completely different.

I am impressed with the designs and think you have some nice artwork to really dress up a boat, but you might want to eliminate ALL mention of pricing until you have firm prices that you will stick to.

I'm glad you like the designs, there are more under development as we speak, look forward to seeing those soon as they are amazing. As for the pricing, yes, we are negating the first concrete post we gave, you are correct. We were very excited about our new product and pre-maturely jumped the gun. We will not release the new pricing until things are solid. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. We are focused on providing you the best wrap packages backed by manufacturer warranties. A few months ago, we did not have this ability. These wraps will be priced extremely fair so that any true enthusiast can make their boat the sickest on the lake. Again, we will not divulge any pricing until our program is ironed out. We expect to be able to have more information for you within the next few weeks or the first of January. Thank you for your support, and get ready for some exciting new things on the horizon.

-Nick,
ZDecals

98outback
12-13-2008, 10:11 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Nick from Z Decals sent me an email an apologized and cleared things up. I look forward to getting one of these wraps soon.

Sled491
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
98, I don't know what to tell you. Did you talk to Nick? My price was better than those you mentioned and I'm 150% satisfied with the whole deal. They did as promised even taking the time at the SC factory to make sure there yellow matched mine. Call them back and tell them just what you said about not wanting to get a bad name already, I'm sure they will work with you.

Again I am very surprised, I thought they were stand up guys.

Reese350
12-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Sled,

Did I miss the pics of your new graphics? I would love to see them. Did you put them on yourself?

Scott

Sled491
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Scott, I sent my proofs around to a few Moomba members to ask opinions, and would gladly send them to you but all my documents saved on my laptop were lost when the hard drive puked.

I currently waiting delivery of my graphics, but yesterday it was 5 degrees in WI so I won't be doing final install for a while. But trust me when there done I will post plenty of pics. Another Moomba member was at Z Decals and saw mine all cut already and sent me an email to tell me just how good they looked. I'm very pumped to see them in person myself!

kaneboats
12-16-2008, 10:24 AM
If it's ok with Sled, pm me your email address and I'll forward you his message with the proofs. Sled, I'll copy you back on it so you have them again.

kaneboats
12-16-2008, 10:34 AM
OK Sled, I just forwarded your proofs back to you so you should have them. They're in the second message. The first one didn't take.

Sled491
12-16-2008, 11:33 AM
KB thanks got them. Now if anyone has those pictures of my wife that year in Jamaica that would be really cool, ha ha :)

jclay5
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Well just go ahead and post the proofs up so everyone can see them.. I want one of these wraps so bad, but there are some other things I gota do before that.. like take my future wife on a honeymoon this June =D

Sled491
12-16-2008, 06:34 PM
I would, but I don't know how to transfer it to this board. every time I try to copy it nothing happens. If I use the attatchment manager it says it's too big. So unless one of you computer guru's can talk me through it you'll just have to wait.:(

jclay5
12-16-2008, 08:21 PM
What file format is the proof in?

jclay5
12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I'd just upload the proof as a jpeg to photobucket.com or a similar site then cut and paste photo bucket's IMG HTML code they provide into the message box on this forum.

Reese350
12-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Sled,

Kaneboats shared your proofs with me. All I can say is Wow, you must be stoked. You did a great job on the custom design.

Seeing all of the designs has me tempted even in this economy. If they can get the pricing right, I suspect the can sell a lot of these things. My guess is that 1k is a critical threshold.

Can't wait to see the final pics in the water.

Scott

Sled491
12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks, we are really pumped!

Hammer
12-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Sled, I cant wait until Friday morning thats when ill finally have my wrap on !!! when i get a chance ill post some pics cant wait to see it on water.
Nick has came up with some nice new wraps maybe if i would have waited a little longer
i would have gotten more of the boat wraped but i do like it.by just doing the half wrap is going to make a big difference than with factory decals.

Hamrit!

Sled491
12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Dude, can't wait to see how yours turns out. I'm going to be a bit getting mine on but will post as soon as its done. I like the 1/2 wrap idea as I want to put some fake sponsor stickers up front like some others have done. I think it will make for a great overall package.

Membrain
12-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Say Hammer,

Is that your boat on the Dallas Ski Boats web site??? Sure looks like yours!?!?!

Roachman
12-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Just went to the dallas website and it looks great.

jmvotto
01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
went to the dallas site as well. that looks great what a way to update the look. very cool.;)

adsman
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
whats the URL to the dallas site.... really interested in seeing these new wraps

adsman
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
forget it... just found it...

http://waterskiboatsdallas.blogspot.com/

Hammer
01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Membrain , yea thats it after i got the wrap on i drove over to Water Ski and Marty took some pictures. My boat got real dirty that day because of the wet roads.My boat is put up right now but the next time i get it out i will take some pics and post.Nick at Zdecals did a good job on the design 360wraps put in on. Just by this little bit of wrap changed my whole boat LOVE IT !!!!!
Im more excited about my stereo system new Alpine head unit Hollow point interior speakers (6) 4 770 Hollow Points on tower with Led's , Boston G5 10 inch with Radiator its severly hard and deep. Going to up grade ballast to 750 in rear. Cant wait to get back out love to surf.
Hamrit!

kaneboats
01-06-2009, 01:33 PM
That rocks!!! I absolutely love it!!

Sled491
01-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Looked great when you sent me the proof, looks even better on the boat!

JesseC
01-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Here are the proofs that Sled sent to me, let me know if they show up properly.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/sled1.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/sled2.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/sled3.jpg

Sled491
01-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Excellent, thanks Jesse. We went with Proof C and are awaiting delivery as we speak.

Now is you can just explain to me why my laptop won't recognize my new WD Portable Hard drive to do my back up and I'll be just besides myself.

JesseC
01-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Excellent, thanks Jesse. We went with Proof C and are awaiting delivery as we speak.

Now is you can just explain to me why my laptop won't recognize my new WD Portable Hard drive to do my back up and I'll be just besides myself.

I sent you and email on the laptop issue, no problem with the pics. I love the look of the wrap and I would have chosen the same one that you did. I can not wait to see the real pictures!!!

Reese350
01-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Looks great. Does it wrap around all of the back as well?

wolfeman131
01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
WOW, Sled! That looks great! Can't wait to see it once you have it on your boat.

kaneboats
01-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I think I also picked #3. I saw these a month ago and I never even noticed they were shown on a v-drive boat cuz I was so focused on the designs. Nice catch, Ed.

Sled491
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
All I can say is that apperently they never expected to sell any to plain old Outback owners :) I had to caution Nick when he began working with me that my boat was much smaller than the Mobius's he'd been designing for. Of course that meant they had to use less material as well and this or course resulted in a lower negotiated price :)

As far as wrapping around the back of the boat, I don't believe so, but I've yet to hold the finished product in my sweaty hands so I'll have to get back to you on that.

zegm
01-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Sled,

Besides what has been written there is nothing wrong with the Outback or any other DD. I mean Kaneboats gave us a ride in his and we were impressed with the speed and acceleration of the Outback.
We can't wait to see how it looks with the new skin!!!!

Z and family!!!!

Sled491
01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks Z, your are always looking out for me! Say how would you compare the Outback to your LS as far as acceleration and such?

kaneboats
01-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Sled,

Besides what has been written there is nothing wrong with the Outback or any other DD. I mean Kaneboats gave us a ride in his and we were impressed with the speed and acceleration of the Outback.
We can't wait to see how it looks with the new skin!!!!

Z and family!!!!

I hope you're talking about Sled's new skin. I'm still fine in mine although my daughter wants me to get a peel and start over after seeing some of the demos on the zd site.

kaneboats
01-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks Z, your are always looking out for me! Say how would you compare the Outback to your LS as far as acceleration and such?

All I remember is that Z ripped my arms out twice behind the LS even though he was trying to take it easy on me. He had to give me an outboard pull out after that or I couldn't hang on. His LS will absolutely jump on top of the water.
I went back to the 3 blade original prop in Aug. before Z drove my Outback. He still had to roll the power on for me to get me out on a slalom ski. So it's got plenty of power and will run about 45 or better. Of course I'm starting my new fitness program on Fri. so I hope to have a lot less dead weight to get moving by springtime.

Sled491
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
KB, so if I hear you right your saying Z's boat had better acceleration than yours? Wow. What year is your Outback and what motor do you have? Do you think his 4 blade was the big factor?

zegm
01-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Dang I wish I got notifications about replies to my replies.

OK first Kaneboats boat is fast!!! It rivaled our old MC which was very fast! And yes our boat is fast too, but I don't think it is quite as fast! Also keep in mind you don't lose 10 to 15% power going through a z-drive tranny and with the weight more towards the center of the hull the DDs will get up and GO (in plain language they will "get on plane" faster!) In Wakeboard magazines reviews you could see they were quicker from 0-30! On another note we don't have a 4 blade prop, we have the standard 3 blade. Atlanta Marine changes them to 4 blades on the LS but we asked them not to do it so that we could use it as a ski boat too. Now to be honest I haven't opened it up all the way yet, I will have to ask MrsZ how fast she was going when she did it (you know that day I went to go get the truck and the trailer). I have seen 42 myself but it wasn't topped out yet (remember this is her second motor, have to baby these things).

Sled491
01-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Gotcha! Thing I found about top end is that from 3/4 throttle to full there's no much spped left there. For our Outback from 3/4 to full is maybe 5 or 6 MPH.

kaneboats
01-08-2009, 02:08 AM
I have the old carbed 310 HP motor. Also, the day Z was impressed with the top end was a day I had the top and tower off b/c I had sent it into the shop. My old pitot speedos aren't the most accurate things either so we may have been pushing 50 that day. Hard to say though.

tazz3069
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Very Nice Sled. I also like number 3 picture. Who will be doing the install for you? When it is all finished, post the pics of the new beauty.
Tazz

Sled491
01-08-2009, 09:59 AM
KB, 50 would be impressive indeed!

Tazz, thanks, not sure about install, may do it myself but will deffinately post when done.

faceoff76
01-17-2009, 07:54 AM
This is my first post on this forum I just wanted to let you guys know that you can now get wraps done at H2o Sports.I ordered one for my mobius xlv and Melissa is putting one on of the new outbacks they have for sale.We will be getting them in the next week or so. I will post pics once I get it installed.

Sled491
01-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Got my wrap this week. When I got off the plane from work I couldn't wait to open it up. Man it looks good. But after pulling it out and unrolling it I may have someone do the install, these things are huge!

Hammer
01-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Yea good good choice thats what i said let someone intsall it.

Sled491
01-20-2009, 12:02 AM
I may have a slight problem though. I have to wait until I get home to confirm something, but I think Nick over estimated the height of an Outback.

I'm gonna use masking tape this weekend and check to see. I am also going to take adavantage of this being a slow season for the installers. I'll turn my boat sideways in my garage, turn the heat up to 70 and get er done! Big advantage to a 40ft wide garage:) I just don't want to wait to see how its gonna look!

moombadaze
01-20-2009, 08:40 AM
hey Sled, if you can unroll the wraps and let them flatten out-it'l help

Sled491
01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Kind of the plan, unroll and tape to the side of the gunwall to see how it fits.

tazz3069
01-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Sled--
Good luck with the install. Take your time. Cant wait to see the pictures.

moombadaze
01-20-2009, 11:08 AM
hate to say it but, this is a zero beer job-till you are done anyway

Sled491
01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks Tazz, I'm pumped to see the final product myself. Unfortunately, I'm usually a zero beer job kind of guy. I prefer to enjoy my cocktail after a job well done:)

kaneboats
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
I couldn't read that last post. It was like a different language or something.

Sled491
01-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Ha ha ha. That's the difference between the South and the North. If we start drinking too soon in the project we'll freeze to death.

kaneboats
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
That's not funny. My friend's drunk dad was on a camping/hunting trip in Maine when he walked away from the campsite to relieve himself. He froze to death after he passed out. I think the buddies were already asleep.

faceoff76
02-11-2009, 03:28 AM
Finally got my proof from zdecals.What do you guys think?They are supposed to install it this friday and I`ll post some pics.http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/faceoff76/2-11-20091-19-58AM.jpgs.

SEARK
02-11-2009, 06:42 AM
I like it. Really gives the boat a different look.

Reese350
02-11-2009, 07:48 AM
That's sweet!

jclay5
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
its just bad ass thats all I got to say.... Are you allowed to tell how much? I just would love to have a ball park

04OUTBACK
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
WOW! That will be SHARP! GREAT LOOK!

Sled491
02-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Man, what a look, sweet!

kaneboats
02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
I HATE IT! But that's probably a good thing because I have a hard time with more than one color at a time. I bet it will look better on the water with the reflections, etc. Please post pics on the water when you get to that.

moombadaze
02-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Its's a bit much for myself-one nice thing when and if you get tired of it just peal it off and put a new one on-great way to stay up to date on the "look" that is in.

sandm
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I love it. would have picked a diff. base color other than red, as that's not my thing, but the graphics are awesome...
would be curious to know the total price installed once you are done, and if it went around the rear of the boat.....

Roachman
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I signed off on that design back in Dec but still have not recieved. I was hoping I would have the only one for a while.

tazz3069
02-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I like it. Very Nice. I like that people take a great boat and personalize it to their style. I just might have to put the z-decals on the list of stuff to do. Very Nice.

faceoff76
02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Got the boat customed wrapped today. Giving a SHOUT OUT to H20 & Z Decals. Nick and Tyler did an AMAZING job.Very cool guys! It is well worth the money and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has ever thought about it or is now interested.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/faceoff76/GetAttachmentaspx.jpghttp://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/faceoff76/9.jpg

Roachman
02-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Looks good...you will definitly get some attention on the water.

aerophoto
02-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Wow I Love It

jmvotto
02-14-2009, 08:26 AM
faceoff,

looks great can you post the the before pics as well.

JV

04OUTBACK
02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Looks even better than the proof! Enjoy the compliments from that!

faceoff76
02-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Before and after.
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/faceoff76/007.jpg
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww90/faceoff76/9.jpg

jclay5
02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
remarkable..... I wish I was in the position to do that b/c that in my opinion is well worth the money.

Sled491
02-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Very nice, once again!

Hammer
02-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Dude that looks awesome ! cant wait to get my boat out of the garage to take a pic of mine it came out nice as well.

Sled491
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Dude that looks awesome ! cant wait to get my boat out of the garage to take a pic of mine it came out nice as well.

Dude, what are you waiting for gidy up!

Roachman
02-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Check the dallas site out again. They did a full black and grey wrap (Ransom)that looks killer. Plus these are the only guys that I see have powdercoated towers. You need to scroll about a quarter of the way down on the page.

http://waterskiboatsdallas.blogspot.com/

deerfield
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
With respect to the Dallas site, I like the triple axle trailer on which sits a black/green Supra (about half way down the page). Triple axle is a total waste of money on boats our size but nonetheless I think it adds a certain curb appeal to the package.

gcombe74
02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
ZDecals rock....

Sled491
02-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I do think those powder coated towers are awsum. I would love to get a yellow one on my boat to complete the whole face lift (lol it's only a 07). I just don't feel like spending that kind of money on a tower just to look cool. We don't wakeboard and would only use the tower for surfing as it makes the up 500% easier.

Any idea on what one of those powder coated towers cost?

jasonba1
03-01-2009, 11:34 AM
I had mine sandblasted and powderrcoated black for 150 here in east tn. I am sure yellow will be a little higher unless you happen to catch them when they are doing a batch of yellow stuff.

jasonba1
03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
And all of the quotes I got were anywhere from 135 to almost 200 to do my tower.

Hammer
03-01-2009, 09:13 PM
That is such a sweet boat !

MD80
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Anybody why know why the cost have skyrocketed so much the original post said something like $900 for stock and $1500 for custom. I called today and was quoted $3200 for a stock. I realize material costs have gone up but 300% in six months.

Nboard10
03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
MD80. I had the same issue. I called last week and got the $3200 quote as well and was told I need to talk to a Skiers Choice Dealership to place an order. when I asked about the prices posted on the Moomba site....I was told...Yeah, we know about those, we need to get that thread down.

What it boils down to is this: ZDecals have come up with an awesome product and presented it to Skiers Choice. SC liked it and decided to help them market it. But at the same time, pick up close to 2Grand.

I asked the sales person if I could order straight from ZDecals and exclude a dealership from the equation. In other words, get the full wrap for $1500 and save myself a ton of money. I was told that due to their contract with SC, it can't happen. They cannot place an order for any SC product unless it comes from a dealership.

So, I am going to work up a design on my own with photoshop and have a local company creaste it for me.
bummer - their designs are sweet, but it is what it is....

Reese350
03-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Bummer, I was planning to do it at the $1k price. I don't think they studied the price elasiticity on this one. :(

wolfeman131
03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
MD80. I had the same issue. I called last week and got the $3200 quote as well and was told I need to talk to a Skiers Choice Dealership to place an order.

This is very strange to me how Zdecals is handling their buisness, or should I say "potential business."

I emailed the original poster, Nick, at Zdecals prior to the Atlanta Boat Show to see if they wanted to use my boat as a demo. Told me he thought they'd be OK, but would let me know. Didn't hear back from him, but no big deal.

So, I emailed him again last weekend to get price on the "Jive" design with "mobius" changed to "moomba." I live about 20 mins from their shop and asked if they would also do the install. Got a reply from Jamie, not Nick, and installed price was $2,000! Far cry from what was originally posted and simply too much in today's economy.

I just don't understand why we are all getting such varied replies from this company. :confused:

jclay5
03-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I think its time to just go to a local shop and have them do it for way cheaper. Since ZD is in with SC now under contract the prices arnt going to change. It looks like its setup the same as MC's wrap program. Just download a picture of one of their wraps off the web site and take it somewhere local and see how close they can get it.

zabooda
03-15-2009, 08:26 PM
We need to find someone who wants the Moomba market and get them started on a new thread and remove this thread and give it to ZDecals. There is a fine line with competition and ZD moved past that long ago. ZD stays with SC and others go elsewhere.

I want to remove the old decals and blend the magenta and gray from the motorhome into the blue metalflake on the boat along with a omnipresent roo. The blue on the motor home and the boat are fairly close. I'll do the general layout and then put the package out for bids.

jasonba1
03-15-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree I can understand that on 09 boats zdecals and skierschoice having a partnership but any other boat out there 08 and older that is not at the factory right now they should be honroing what they told us on the origianl post. I have a feeling that this will cost them a lot of business. I am sure in this economy there would be several several local shops that would love to have our business and give us the same kind of deal.

moombadaze
03-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Have any of you contacted the guy on here who owns a sign shop-he did all the moomba maniac banners for Ed G. Sorry but i can not remember his name right now but i think the name of his company is sign edge

Sled491
03-16-2009, 07:36 PM
OK i've been quiet on this but time to chime in. I jumped on the Z decal band wagon ASAP (I think I was the second guy they worked with), and got a killer deal, no questions there.

You need to remeber that they are using state of the art vinyl, not just your run of the mill sticker stock. They give you unlimited design time, and for me they have sent out 2 complete sets of graphics to keep me happy. This costs something.

On the flip side, it's your money and in this economy you need to do what's in your own best interest. I like Nick and Z Decals, I hope they find a way to work with my fellow forum members as this was the crowd that got them in the door, and yes, you guys are right it sounds like they are walking away from a great deal of business. For this to happen though SC needs to let them do it as well.

jasonba1
03-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I agree they obviously do great work not doubting that and use great stuff my only problem is if they told everyone on this site a price they should honor that and not jump their price over double just because they are working with SC.

Rugburn
03-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey guys, Ive been reading all the posts in here and Id like to give my input on the subject. I own a sign shop that does regular wraps on anything from Ferrari F430 racing cars to plumbing trucks. I only use top grade materials so there really isnt a choice if the customer cannot afford the price I quote. That means the price doesnt go up or down, unless the cost of the materials goes up. When doing typical lettering, you have some wiggle room whether to use cast vinyl (premium) or calendared vinyl (intermediate). I only use cast, air egress films when I do a wrap since its much more conformable and wont shrink like calendared vinyl is. That being said, a typical wrap goes for around $15 sq. ft. installed, period. The print is laminated with a UV protective film that is optically clear and conforms right with the print. You really cant tell that its on there and you can wipe your wrap with gas and nothing is going to happen to it. I cant speak for Zdecal but I assume they are also using premium materials for their wrap. With other sign and wrap shops Ive worked with, its very uncharactistic of them to raise prices so suddenly. We survive on word of mouth and repeat customers. If we significantly increased the price, they wouldnt be back. It has to be SC marketing them as the official wrap company and taking their own slice of the wrap charge. Its only fair they do but doesnt sit well if you got one quote only to find they zinged you with a higher quote later. Some of the comments about making your own design to a local sign shop is a great idea. Just make sure of the materials they use are the best available and DO NOT let them cut the vinyl after its been applied to your boat. Wrap installers are notorious for this and you wont notice the cut marks until you take off the wrap, which is what they are counting on. There is a method to cut the material right on the boat but most dont do it. Id be happy to help any fellow Moomba owners with questions they have about their wrap, the artwork, materials to request, and working with their local sign shop. Anybody local to the Madison area can just call or stop to see me.

Lets hope for great weather this summer!

Jim Hagen
Sign Edge
Madison, WI

Rugburn
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
oops...posted it twice...

Jim Hagen
[email protected]
Madison, WI