PDA

View Full Version : Course

maxpower220
09-30-2008, 11:22 PM
This weekend I made it out to a public course and had calm water. It's my first time this year on the course. I made 6 bouys at 28 mph and 15' off and 4 bouys at 30 mph 15' off. I have been reading slalom basic books and applying those techniques as I freeski. It is the first time that I have gotten through the course so I was very happy. Of course my I can get away with poor form at that length and speed, so I need much more practice.

My wife is a pretty good driver, not certified to drive tournies or anything, and she said it was difficult for her to maintain a good track with me pulling the boat. As we were using Moomba Cruise, I doubt that it was a 16:09 sec pass. She does want us to pull a course in at our lake, so I will be looking at Insta-slalom this winter.

MrsZ
10-01-2008, 07:12 AM
MP, that was your first time through and you made them all? Good job!

What books are you reading?

kaneboats
10-01-2008, 10:01 AM
No kidding-- they ought to be bestsellers! Missed you guys last weekend.

maxpower220
10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
It has been a couple of years since the last, and only other time that I have really tried the course. Then, I was about 3 feet short of each one of the buoys and continued to get later and later at each one.

I read Waterski Mag, but that hasn't provided me any good info. waterskiforums.com has some OK info, but most remarks are about how to ski vs the speed controller (PP or ZO). I have 2 older books, "Psyching for Slalom" and "Power Slalom". Power Slalom is a little better for me. I practice freeskiing and try to apply what I read to the water.

Once on the course, it is all happening too fast for me at this point. My on-side turns are fine and that is where I am making all of the time and getting to the buoy early/ontime. My off-side form needs lots of work.
It's fun and I like it.

maxpower220
10-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Missed you guys last weekend.

Things at work didn't make it possible to come over. It looks like it was a good time. Good weather for sure.

kaneboats
10-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Well, we are going to do it next year and you'll have a better idea what you're getting yourself into. Hope you make the Orlando Jam in the spring.

Laz
10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I added Perfect Pass Stargazer to my 2007 outback and bought an EZ-Slalom portable course. Both have worked out very well.

The best part of PP is that it allows my to set my speed and my wife to drive without worries. I found it much harder to get a consistent speed with the Moomba Cruise.

Also, the EZ-Slalom course has been great. It takes about 40 minutes to setup and about 30 to take down.

Laz

Sled491
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Way to go Max!!