PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else wish we had a direct URL to the site...

ian ashton
09-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I have the board in my favorites, but when telling people about site I thought it would be nice if we had a direct link. It would be cool if you could type in 'forums.moomba.com' or 'moombaforums.com' or something to get directly to the forums.

Just a thought. I know I could register www.moombaforums.com myself and set a re-direct to this site, but thats cheezy.

It would be cool too if when we did custom branded group buys to include the URL on the item (like the coolies, or if we got towels done or anything, I dunno...)

jester
09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
That is a great idea. It would not cost SC anything to do the forums.moomba.com. I also like the moombaforums.com but that would cost them a little each year. Well we are at it can we get a moomba email address? That would be very cool to have [email protected]. lol ok so the email thing would cost alot more but i do like the idea of having a direct URL.

cab13367
09-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Since we are making a wish list, I wish I could access the forum thru my Iphone. Anyone been able to figure out a work around?

Reese350
09-30-2008, 06:43 AM
Moomba email addresses is a great idea! What a great way for Moomba to build brand recognition for free as well. I have a big Moomba sticker on the back of my wife's Expedition and I get 2-3 people a week saying "What's Moomba?". If we all used @moomba.com email addresses, it would have the same effect. It's all about branding and leveraging a passionate community that will spread it for free is the best way.

kaneboats
09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Ian, I have this link saved in my Faves- it goes right to the board index:

https://forum.moomba.com/index.php

ian ashton
09-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Since we are making a wish list, I wish I could access the forum thru my Iphone. Anyone been able to figure out a work around?

The forum works fine on my iPhone, I just can't use any of the flash that is in the header.

Are you using the latest version of the software?

ian ashton
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Ian, I have this link saved in my Faves- it goes right to the board index:

https://forum.moomba.com/index.php

Thanks for the link; I also have that saved in my favorites, I just thought it would be cool if we had a more direct link; it would be easier to tell people that we meet on the water with Moomba/Supra boats "Hey, go check out moomba.com/forums or forums.moomba.com" rather than saying "Go to moomba.com, then in the top menu click 'Community', then click 'Bulletin Board"

kaneboats
09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
"Virtual host" -- that's what I am when you come to my house for the game. I meet you at the door, point to the fridge and bathroom and then you're on your own.

ian ashton
09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
"Virtual host" -- that's what I am when you come to my house for the game. I meet you at the door, point to the fridge and bathroom and then you're on your own.

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

gcombe74
09-30-2008, 03:36 PM
kane... that is a great analogy... as long as the Mikes Hard Lemonade is not virtual!! LOL

kaneboats
09-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Yea, I gave up drinking beer a couple years ago. Of course I have yet to give up light beer. When are they going to come out with Jack Daniels Light, you know, for days when it's really hot? I guess Jack drinkers are smart enough to just put in a little extra ice.

cab13367
10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
The forum works fine on my iPhone, I just can't use any of the flash that is in the header.

Are you using the latest version of the software?

Ian,

Whenever I go to moomba.com on my iPhone, I see that message about needing Flash Player. Then, when I touch the "Community" link, nothing happens. After reading your post, I decided to try typing in the URL for the forums and it works! I'm in!

Thanks for the help.

Al