PDA

View Full Version : Rattling swim platform

TL7
09-28-2008, 09:48 PM
We have an 07 Outback, and the swim platform is progressively getting looser and looser. By this I mean there is quite a bit of play around the pins. Is there an easy fix for this? It seems as if the holes in the brackets are starting to egg. Anyone ran into this issue? Could I just drill the holes slightly larger and get larger pins? I'm not sure this is the best option; it's only one year old and if it does this every year I could end up with huge pins before I want to trade up! :)

bobwells
09-28-2008, 09:58 PM
My boat is much older, '98 but mine had finally wallowed out the holes so bad I had to drill completely new ones. I would go for the redrill and larger bolts, and eventually may have to drill new holes... bummer with such a new boat

smokedog2
09-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I have read of pins shearing (not falling out as some folks thought). Be sure you know what you replace the pins with. I’m going to R&R mine this winter and tighten everything up.
I run with two other Supras, none of us have lost a pin yet and one guy does power turns all the time.
The sheared pin(s)? were found at the bottom of a dock with a lot of wave action.

mnpracing
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Dumb question of the day....what is a power turn?