PDA

View Full Version : FAE and swim platform

TL7
09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Sorry for starting yet another post about FAE, but I have a question that I haven't seen asked before.

We have to remove the platform to fit the boat in the garage. Will this affect the FAE? I've seen pictures and it looks like it's tied into the platform brackets for support. How much of a pain will this be every weekend, if any? We have a 2007 Outback with no wake plate.

smokedog2
09-28-2008, 11:03 PM
It will be a pain. Not impossible but a pain. The FAE is attached to the swim platform. Loosening the thing from the exhaust ports and attaching every time you go out will get old.

Did you get the swing tongue on the trailer? You could add one after market for a few bucks.

TL7
09-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Already have the swing-tongue. It's a really tight fit. I was afraid it would be a pain in the butt.

adsman
09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
FAE has an option for "quick release". You have a choice between the stainless steel sleves and the quick release when you order.

I did not need to take my deck off often, so i took the stainless sleeves option. I attached a pic from the fae site that shows the quickrelease option on a moomba...

maxpower220
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
TL7
I notice you have a concern about your swim platform rattling. My platform was moving more than I would like. Since installing the FAE, the movement has stopped. Of course, you are mounting the FAE to the platform and the boat, so it will make the platform more solidly mounted.