PDA

View Full Version : Flint Fun!!! pics...

bobwells
09-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Fun meeting some of the "clan", had a great time Pat, thanks !

bobwells
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
josh... having fun>>>

bobwells
09-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Pats> Katlyn (sp) her friend Becca's 1st ride, and bathing beauties :-)

bobwells
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
sacked out and surfing... our front yard, brother & sister not fighting,
and check out the rainbow... could this be a sign... a 24' V on the way ? :)

have a super week all , and may GOD KEEP ON BLESSING US ! bob and family

DKay
09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey guys - here are a few pictures of our "younger" Moomba fans :D

DKay
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
And here are a few of Josh.

DKay
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
We had a great time. It was so good to see everyone again (and meet new friends too).

Mrs.Daze
09-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Great pictures bobwells! We enjoyed meeting you and your family.

Welcome DKay! It was nice seeing you & Monty again. Cute pics!

kaneboats
09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
WOW! Thank you so much for these incredible photos. It was great to have you two and your delightful children with us for the day. We'll see you soon!

kaneboats
09-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Oops, forgot to say thanks too to DKay for the excellent ones of the young buds. I'm glad they got to hang out again.

Mrs.Daze
09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Monty/DKay, I love this picture..

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r390/MrsDaze/Flint/FlintMore035-1.jpg

Mrs.Daze
09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Hanging out on the sandbar...

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r390/MrsDaze/Flint/FlintMore039-1.jpg

http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r390/MrsDaze/Flint/FlintMore040-1.jpg

Buttafewcoe
09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
launch!?!....i thought it said 'lunch' and was looking for the galley!

MOOMBA_97
09-29-2008, 07:38 PM
The Launch belongs to my buddy that I have grown up with since we were five years old and even now we work together. Awesome surf wake.

Monty

Sled491
09-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Say were you able to get SC to throw in some bling for the attendance draw for you mini Jamboree? :) Looks like a really nice place to spend a weekend that's for sure. Maybe I need to rethink this moving south thing again.

Butta always thinking with your stomach!

MOOMBA_97
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I do like the blue!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3671/sept084011qy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

bobwells
09-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Sad to say as close as I live, (45 miles) I had never been to the park we put in at. It is the nicest I have ever seen for boaters, super good boat ramps (4 I believe) . good parking, great KOA camp-site across street. and plenty of room to roam on the river. Even with the drag boat races and all the spectators it wasnt too bad with traffic at ramp or on river. Some good sand bars for landing pads and beautiful water and scenery. I certainly give it an A+ ... years ago I had put in at another landing that was nothing like where we were Sat. Earl May Boat Basin, Bainbridge Ga.
http://bainbridgega.com/chamber/flintriver.shtml

Would be a great place for a full blown jam :

heres a pic of the new Moomba/Supra dealer in Dothan, Al. "demonstrator ride" from sat.

cab13367
09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Great pics. Looks like a great place to spend the day. Wish we had sand beaches like that on our river. Thanks for sharing.

Moomba 97,

Is that an old school, "phaser equipped" HO Hyperlite Pro wakeboard in your rack?

Al

bobwells
09-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Hey Ed, I just met him Sat. and found out about the dealershhip. I think its called
H20 Sports. It's in Dothan, Al. about 40-50 miles from the Flint in Bainbridge. We are probally 200 + miles closer than Atlanta. The campsite is right across (walking distance)street. I was very impressed with the whole layout. Just super clean and very well maintained. It has got all the potential for a moomba party for sure !
have a great day, bob

http://bainbridgega.com/chamber/parks-g.shtml

camping area is actually on river it appears, I was thinking of boat ramps across st. look at link and it will show you the layout. Pat can give you the skinny on it he camped, I just went for the day.

zegm
09-30-2008, 07:49 AM
The owner of this dealership is Melissa. She is sweet and very energetic!

moombadaze
09-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Ed, we did not know that a dealer was going to be there till we were there and on the water. the KOA campsite is right across the street from the ramps--friday night we all walked over to check it out. Campground was very nice-bathrooms very clean, sites were large enough that Kaneboats tribe and my family shared a site. From my house to the camp site was 280 miles. On the way home i just set the cruise control on 60mph and it took 4hrs 45minutes with no stops. Gotta love having a optional oversize tank-untill i have to fill the damm thing up with gas.-that hurt the wallet.

Al, are you asking about the red board on the blue mobuis? if so that is mine. It is a old HO wakeboard that i took the strap bindings off of and now my daughter is using it as a surfboard. Put some gator grip pad down for her.

The weather we had was absolutely perfect, hot during the day and the nights were a little chilly-sweat shirt weather. Water was refreshing to say the least.

moombadaze
09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Monty, Its always good to see you guys

thanks for the photo

Stacy

MOOMBA_97
09-30-2008, 08:34 AM
I have to give the credit to Mark, the Launch owner, for the dealer being there. He met them a month or so ago on Eufala. He has been emailing them etc. and told them to come on down. They are very nice folks.

On another note, sorry I didn't see anyone again after I took Donna back. Mark got a call that his other son broke his wrist shortly after we headed back down river. We went to the hospital to check on him.

Monty

kaneboats
09-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Thank you everyone for coming and making the event such a great success. We are very sorry to hear about Mark's son-- I hope he's all right.

I think the Flint is kind of a well kept secret. It's 40 min from my house in Tally but worth every minute of the drive because you can go for the day and never run out of river or fun. There are great places to hang out. The good tree swing right near the beach in the pictures was broken that day (there are usually two of them), but somebody will put up a new one. Most of the time the kids (and adults) can swing out over the river and let go. It's a lot of fun to take a break for a while and sit right there while the kids play. I did mention to Melissa that they should think about hosting a Jam. I suggested that they do it right there. She is supposed to get on here and start talking to us about it. I could see them doing it a little closer to Dothan though if they have a place -- but it wouldn't be a better place I'll tell you that.

Either way, I am going to plan a similar event next year. I think we can persuade EdG, Maxpower, Wolfeman, Ragdog, dtlaine and others to join us.

FYI, you can camp in the basin park right on the riverbank but the bathrooms are horrible. The KOA across the street is more of an RV parking lot than anything but it has clean restrooms/showers and a nice playground. There are also two motels within 5 min. of the park.

moombadaze
09-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Ed, Our next years schedual should be something like this

early spring ? Clearmont-Fl--water permitting?
Spring -Lake Sinclair-Gorgia
July--Lake Lanier-Georgia
August-Land O Lakes-Fl
September-Flint river run-Ga

looking like a good MOOMBA year

moombadaze
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
and there is so much more to see on Lanier also--it gets better

kaneboats
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Wonder if there is anything near Gainesville/Ocala.

moombadaze
09-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Ragdog's went to lake Weir a couple weekends ago and had good reviews for that lake. Its just a little east of Ocala. I dont think i could get the wife camping in florida--something about crawling things in the night and of course the gator factor.

Pat, regarding Ed's comment about shoreline camping-any idea if anyone does that on the flint river sand bars?

zegm
09-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Well looks like Kaneboats and us will have to make some sort of nice hotel arrangements since you can't camp out on a DD. :(

MOOMBA_97
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Stacy,

My buds used to camp out several times a year on the sandbar where the drag races were. They also used to camp on the large one right before the one where we beached.

Monty

moombadaze
10-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Ed, i dont know about trails but there are no towns around the area of the sandbar-just fields for farming-so should have no light polution. Even at the KOA campground the stars were easy to see.

MOOMBA_97
10-01-2008, 08:03 AM
On the North side of the river there is a HWY that runs parallel the entire length. On the South side most of it is residential homes. Actually about half of the North side is residential also.

fmclaney
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
:DThanks for inviting us to the Flint River this past weekend it was so exciting seeing all of the Moomba-Supra owners there. We would like to get another one up and running next spring. We are having Russ Wilde (moomba pro rider) come to Lake Eufaula Alabama in the spring of 09. This would be a great time to have a moomba-supra celebration. There are alot of moomba and supra owners at Lake Eufaula that would love to have a get together. Give me some Idea's and let's ride.:D

H2O Sports Dothan

kaneboats
10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Make sure you don't conflict with the Orlando Jam and I'll be there.

moombadaze
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
same here, love to get in another jamboree

zegm
10-02-2008, 01:43 PM
fmclaney,

Wellcome to the boards!!!! Sorry we missed you on Saturday we had to change plans at the last minute to get a new tow vehicle but did manage to come by on Sunday.
The LS is doing Great!!!!!

moombadaze
10-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Lake Eufaula --where abouts is it in the state

MOOMBA_97
10-02-2008, 05:07 PM
It's on the Alabama border maybe a quarter way up the state of GA. Part is in AL and part in GA.

moombadaze
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks Monty

MrsZ
10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
The ZEGM crew all put the boat (the big boat, not the Moomba) in the Chattahoochee near Donalsonville and drove it up to Lake Eufaula. We camped in the boat for the weekend and then rode it back down the Hooch to my parents. It was fun and I didn't mind camping in the Pro-Line. I dont think I would want to camp in the LS though!

moombadaze
10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
now that is really boat camping

zegm
10-02-2008, 10:14 PM
To get an idea of this trip, Donalsonville is just 10 miles west of the Flint river. So it is not that far up to Lake Eufaula. The only problem we had was that gets close to the red clay that abounds in middle and upper GA and AL. The white hull on the Proline was stained red for about a year. I couldn't find anything that would get that stuff off!

fmclaney
10-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Try Slimmy Grimmy to get out those tought stains on your boat it really works great on those though stains.........I am glad your boat works great.....hope to see you soon.

zegm
10-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the tip! For some reason offshore boats seem to come in one color only "white"!

cab13367
10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Al, are you asking about the red board on the blue mobuis? if so that is mine. It is a old HO wakeboard that i took the strap bindings off of and now my daughter is using it as a surfboard. Put some gator grip pad down for her.

Yes I was. I have one just like it, bought it new long ago and can't bear to get rid of it. I believe it was the first compression molded wakeboard ever made. They were plastic before that. I also have one of those that I still have - an O'Brien Bonzai. Looks like a Skurfer but smaller.

Never thought of using it as a surfboard. Is your daughter getting any slack with it?

Al

moombadaze
10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Funny, i had a skurfer-bright yellow, have not thought about that in years.
she is still working on getting slack but did a couple times on accident. any ideas on how to stop her from pulling/leaning away from the boat? just so you know that board will not work for us full sized adults. i was able to ride but there was no way i was going to get slack--it was fun tho.

fmclaney
10-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Zegm get it and try Slimmy Grimmy on your white boat it works wonders I swear!!!!!! They have a website to order it.......

kaneboats
01-11-2009, 02:09 PM
:DThanks for inviting us to the Flint River this past weekend it was so exciting seeing all of the Moomba-Supra owners there. We would like to get another one up and running next spring. We are having Russ Wilde (moomba pro rider) come to Lake Eufaula Alabama in the spring of 09. This would be a great time to have a moomba-supra celebration. There are alot of moomba and supra owners at Lake Eufaula that would love to have a get together. Give me some Idea's and let's ride.:D

H2O Sports Dothan

Please post your dates as soon as you get them scheduled. We are all making plans for spring and summer starting now. Thanks!

moombadaze
01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
KB, forgot about the dealer showing interest. Thanks for getting the photos back up--that was a fun trip. Hope we can do it again.

zegm
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I wonder how H2O is doing in these hard times?

kaneboats
01-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't know.

Daze, unless H2O is going to schedule something else (or maybe even anyway) I am going to try to do the 2nd annual Flint River minijam in early Sept.

kaneboats
01-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I agree there are beautiful spots to tent if you don't care about showers, etc. I really don't know if it is allowed or not but I am pretty sure people camp up there all the time. The current is definitely present but if you are tied up you have nothing to worry about because it isn't real strong. I'll make a point to ask anyone I see who looks like they are camping what the deal is. I have all summer to get the info b/c our event won't be till Sept.

moombadaze
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I could pee right next to you and you would never know it. In fact, I already have.

Once again i burst out laughing and have co workers looking at me.

What are we going to do with Ed

Kb, Camping on the river bank could be a blast. I know you have a boatload of kids and you are more than welcome to put some camping gear in my boat.---Balast on the way up to the sandbar.

kaneboats
01-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Daze, not sure if you remember but the park with the boat ramps has about 15 camping sites. I think 7 or 8 of them are right on the water where you could park the boat. It is daily use fee camping so you can't reserve ahead of time. But, I think cruising up river and going to a beach for the night would be very cool. I'll try to get more info on that. Monty, where the heck are you?