PDA

View Full Version : Son Wanting To Wakeboard

Lake Bound
01-13-2004, 07:57 PM
My son who turns 9 in March really wants to try wakeboarding this year. He is on the small side and I am not sure what board would work and if there is any other tips. Thank You.

waterboy
01-14-2004, 06:37 AM
There are lots of articles on learning how to wakeboard on the internet.....and a lot of videos to choose from, too. Is there a good pro shop near you, that could recommend a board/binding combo and let you demo it?
If not, here's a link to a great pro shop in Orlando that sponsers a lot of riders, and sells a lot of kid's stuff.

http://www.perfski.com/showcat.cfm?catnum=125

They have an 800 number, you can call to get their advice....I've purchased boards and bindings from them, and the staff is extemely knowledgable.
Good luck.

Brian

Evolution3387
02-07-2004, 10:51 PM
Try wakeworld.com they have a good sizing feature it'll help alot

medevac130
02-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Lake bound,

My little girl is 6 and weighs about 52lbs soaking wet. We put her on the Hyperlite Elysian 119 with mini vario bindings. Works great...That board is a "girl graphic" specific board, but hyperlite also makes a motive 119 that has more of little guy appealing style. The hyperlite motives are good beginner/intermediate boards and should make your future ripper for a few years until he is ready to turn his riding up. If you don't like Hyperlite then there are other companies that offer boards similar in size. A good web site that can help you narrow your selections is. http://www.wakeworld.com/Wizard/Boards.asp

Good Luck

NateLSV
03-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Get him going if he is interested. A local pro-shop is the best bet to find the right equipment. Just make sure that they know what they are talking about. Check the Hyperlite, Liquidforce, Jobe, and O'brien websites for some good insight on boards. Most companies will telll you what the board it designed for. Have a good idea of what you want so you Dont get taken like I did at a Pro-shop. My first board I paid $450 dollars for a board that was way beyond my ability.