PDA

View Full Version : morning surf

yearround
09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
we went out for a surf this am because the wake plate seemed to be working after wiggling lots of wires, checking power, voltage, other things with electrical gadgets that i really don't know about. the plate was working, instead of driving 200 miles to the dealer, we went to the lake. got down the ramp, checked the plate, nothing. wiggled the wires and the solenoid, wahla we have a plate! the gauge even started working.

i have the stock ballast, so 400 in the rear and 400 in the front. i had a friend, 170# on the side, my daughter drove 90# could not get a wave to ride. tried the plate up down, in between, speed 9.2-10.5. guess i need to upgrade to 750. most people don't want to come out at sunrise, 50 deg, but the water 1s 62.

my friend got up his first time, had fun!

sunrise and torri surfing.

yearround
09-25-2008, 06:45 PM
the plate was almost all the way up.

the wave was good for her because no one was in the driver seat. i and buddy were both on passenger side, steering with the flag. torri was free riding.

when i got out of the boat, we obviously lost a few pounds. i did have torri drive to keep the driver weight down.

will go out tomorrow am again with a couple more pound of friends. should get a good wave then. we will see and report.

moombadaze
09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Yearround, we have the same boat, 08 lsv, i have the 750lb in the rear locker and then fill the front bag, wake plate about 3/4 or a little more up and right at around 10.5 mph.

with what you have,fill the rear surf side bag full and try leaveing the front bag empty, put the plate all the way up give it a try. you want the rear corner of the boat as deep in the water as you can get. your wave looks real close the way it is i just think the weight up front is hurting it.

yearround
09-26-2008, 02:21 PM
we were out again today, put 3 hours on the boat and was still in the office by 11:30!

for surfing, we had the rear and front filled, plus 500" peeps on the side,the driver was about 170.

had an awesome wave! riding as long as i wanted, or lost trying to do things.

i even broke eds rules, i surfed on to the deck, i got too fast and flew up. so i stood up and said hey, i want to ride some more! i started off the deck without the rope too. it was rather uncomfortable that close to the boat.

MrsZ
10-05-2008, 05:43 PM
That is a pretty sunrise! Your wake looks smoother than mine...

yearround
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
thanks MrsZ. our setup that morning was 400# rear, 400# front, 2 adults on pass side (about 350#) i was on the pass side (no one was in the driver seat) also, we have LSV