PDA

View Full Version : New baby (my moomba grew into a Supra!)

wakevet
09-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Well I must say I loved my Outback V but didn't get to use it much. So we sold it. Now we're moving to NW Idaho and while we were down decided to stop in and check out the 'leftover' boats. Seems like there are lots to choose from since it was a slower year for boat sales according to some dealers. Anyway, looked into the Supra boats and fell for a navy blue Launch 20SSV with every flippin' option available. The stereo sounds better than my truck and my house! Got an unbelievable price and even used the Fall Freedom Owner's Event. Put 10 hours on it in one week and absolutely love it. It was meant to be!
ps; i would have posted this in the Supra forum but it wouldn't let me login and it seems like this is a much more active forum for some reason. We're all just one big happy family anyway!

Roachman
09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
I wish we had water like that.

04OUTBACK
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Gorgeous boat.. and welcome home to the US

kaneboats
09-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Gotta love all the SC craft. Nice looker!

Mrs.Daze
09-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow Wakevet, looks like you're set. Coeur d'Alene ...new boat. Very nice!

moombadaze
09-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Wakvet, love that n.w. water-clear looking and great boat you got there--enjoy

mnpracing
09-25-2008, 09:49 AM
I notice in the picture that you have the Supra beached. How does this affect the fins underneath as well as the prop/rudder? I'm new to inboarding, so I apologize if the answer is obvious. thanks for any tips, because my wife complains that I anchor and make her wade in to the beach :)

jester
09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome and very nice boat. That is a great area to be on the water. lots of areas to go too without many people to get in the way of glass water.

wakevet
10-02-2008, 12:50 AM
I notice in the picture that you have the Supra beached. How does this affect the fins underneath as well as the prop/rudder? I'm new to inboarding, so I apologize if the answer is obvious. thanks for any tips, because my wife complains that I anchor and make her wade in to the beach :)

that particular spot has a gentle slope of sand for about two feet, then drops to 3 feet deep right away so the fins/prop are not even close to the shore. the fins wouldn't have any issue with the sand anyway but i'm kind of picky about my boat resting spots so i don't let them hit anything. i've anchored away from shore and made people wade in if there is any risk to the boat. hey, if they don't wanna get wet, don't come on da' boat mon!!