PDA

View Full Version : Something different

gcombe74
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Community... figured I would share... had to run a swim deck to a friend in the middle of montana this weekend. Figured I would go by Yellowstone NP and Teton NP on my way home. Needless to say its been over 25 years since I had been up that way. It was the perfect time of year. But figured I would share some great pics of some beautiful country.

Enjoy!

1st pic are the tetons, second is jackson lake, 3rd hidden falls at jenny lake, and the last Old faithful!

moombadaze
09-22-2008, 01:03 PM
no other place like Yellowstone

Sled491
09-22-2008, 11:20 PM
My wife has always wanted to go backpacking in Yellowstone. Just not sure I want to be a human popcicle for the Grizzlies!

Mrs.Daze
09-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Awsome pictures! Did you see any buffalo?

yearround
09-23-2008, 10:41 AM
gcombe,
nice pics. yellowstone, tetons are a great place to visit! i just picked up a small project in Jackson WY so i will get to visit there a bit.

sled, the hype of grizzly bear stuff is highly over rated. they mostly prefer berrys and things. there is the joke about how do you tell what kind of bear it is by the scat, black bear has berries and stuff, grizzly has pepper spray and shoe strings.

love the buffalo, the winter time is awesome, the buff walk the snowmobile trails and you can ride right by them. see the frost on their face.

when i was there just after the wolves were reintroduced, the line of traffic stopped to look at some animal out in the field. we asked what the hype was, the guy (with a very distinct accent from another part of the contry) said look at the wolf! we looked out the window and my daughter, 6 years at the time, said where, all i see is that coyote!

yearround
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM

hey mrs Daze, hope this doesn't offend you. we like to get one a year for meat! these pics were from a few years ago.l

Mrs.Daze
09-23-2008, 06:29 PM
hey mrs Daze, hope this doesn't offend you. we like to get one a year for meat! these pics were from a few years ago.l

Pretty cool to see the pictue of the herd. Supposed to be very healthy meat. Never tried it but have been close before on our trips to SD.

kaneboats
09-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I only eat buffalo wings. They must have snipped them off before the picture was taken.

yearround
09-23-2008, 07:15 PM
gc, sorry for the hijack

ed, sorry for the offensive post, i doubt that was pugsly it was a 2yr bull in 2004

Mrsdaze, buff is wonderful. the family does not like having to switch to beef could check the freezer and send a few steaks if you like

MasterMind3002
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
LOL!

Dildo in the collection plate......... thats good!

kaneboats
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't think I'm joining Ed's church this week.

GeauxTigers
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Ed, you have your right to be a tree hugger.
If the picture of the dead buffalo was offensive, then I take offense to the comment about the accessory in the collection plate!
How about 'dem apples?????

gcombe74
09-24-2008, 06:34 PM

Mrs. Daze... yeah I almost hit one... right after entering from West Yellow stone I came around a corner and two where about 3ft from the road!!! I am so glad that I was driving slow!

I have to laugh at some of these post... year round now worries abouta ji-jack. I just figure that people back east might not get to see YellowStone or TNP that easily or might have not been... but I would hope someone by the liberty bell woudl post a pic... I have yet to see it... I just figured it was a great time of year up there.

And Ed, Does that include batteries?

GeauxTigers
09-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Ed:
By our Western standards, you are a tree hugger. A tree hugger is anyone who complains about hunters or ATV'ers, etc... Your post fell into that category. At any rate, the point that I was trying to make is that you were being slightly hypocritical taking offense to yearround's post and at the same time slamming your comment about sexual toys being placed into a collection tray at church. I see the humor in it... However, I seriously doubt my children would. They understand the dead buffalo because we are used to seeing plenty of road kill out West. Heck, we saw a dead moose on the side of the road two days ago up I-80. It's a way of life out here. Sex toys on the collection plate??? NOT!

yearround
09-25-2008, 04:35 PM
i recall some other thread that was something about a guy, saran wrap, trees.

anyway, we sent out for a surf this morning, the wake plate seemed to be working after wiggling lots of wires, the solenoid, we had a beautiful sunrise! below is a picture of it. beware, if sunrises offend you, do not look at it! will put a bit more info in a surf post.

well, the board is not letting me attach pics, will try later.

btw, i did 4 yesterday at 7:30, resting til saturday for a half, hoping for 1:40, will be happy with 1:50

yearround
09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
sunrise pic

yeah, well, i fogged out with fright.

gcombe74
09-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Way nice! Cannot recall the last time I was on a lake before sunrise...but I can after sunset that is for sure!

Sled491
09-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Man I leave the country for one lousy day for a meeting and every one is at it:))))

Very cool pics all of them, even the hunt. I am looking forward to the day that I can visit yellow stone and either go snowmobiling or back packing I'll take either.

GeauxTigers
09-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Ok, if you want me to be a tree hugger, I'll be a tree hugger.

But, if were adhering to these strange westren standards you speak of, then it's your duty to thump bibles as I hug trees.

LOL! Now you need to send me some money for dry cleaning. I peed my trousers when I read this!!!! Way to make peace Ed!

We're all good!