PDA

View Full Version : loosing power every once in a while

kmcg
09-21-2008, 11:17 AM
I have a 2006 LSV that seems to loose power about once every time I am out. There is no warning, but it usually happens after I have been idling. When I start to pull some one out of the water, you immediately notice it has about 1/2 the power as normal. If I shut off the boat and turn it back on the problem goes away. Also the boat has a carburetor. It has happened with the Perfect Pass on and off.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

ThunderCat
10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Kevin,

Start by checking your battery cables at the battery.....my buddy had a similar problem and we checked the negative post and it not tight...under power the vibes, turning, and bouncing can shake the loose cables, causing milli second voltage disconnects (drops) that impact your fuel pumps ability to maintain proper fuel PSI. Good luck

Sled491
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I would tend to agree, must be something electrical.

deepcove
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
I had a similar problem where my boat periodically bogged while under load but idled fine......turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. Now I change the filter every 100 hrs and have not had any issues.

Ian Brantford
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
I had a similar problem where my boat periodically bogged while under load but idled fine......turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. Now I change the filter every 100 hrs and have not had any issues.

Same here. I got some bad gas while visiting a cottage. Some models have TWO filters, FYI.

kmcg
10-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for all the advise. I am heading out this weekend to Lake Powell. I will let you know if the fixes worked.