PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter

Mikey
09-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm nearing that dreaded time of the year when its time to put the boat away. Ya sure I can probably squeek acouple moreweeks with watching the weathercarefully,but other commitments say differently.Anyways its time to winterize and I for the life of me cannot find the part # for the fuel filter as i missed or didn;t need to do this last yr but figure why push my luck.We don't have high humidity problems up here,and so far no bad gas but i feel it should be changed.Does anyone know the part # preferably a GM part # so i can pick one up at an auto parts store vrs a so called marine version which i am lead to believe no real difference.I've gone through the manuals but no part #.I found the page with picture etcbut no info.Can anyone help me out here?
I have an 07 Outback DD with 325 Assault motor.Also I assume its at the back near drip shaft etc and not to hard to get at and replace?

JesseC
09-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Here are a few part numbers. The filter shoud be easy to find. Just follow the fuel line from the fuel pump back towards the tank. Not exactly sure where it is on a DD.

AC Delco GF482
Hastings GF112
WIX: 33482

http://catalog.hastingsfilters.com/PartImages/GF112.jpg

O.D. : 2 9/32 (57.9)
Inlet : 3/8
Outlet : 3/8
Length : 5 1/4 (133.4)

Mikey
09-20-2008, 10:20 PM
I should have saved the box with the number but mine actually has 1/2 inlet/outlets. It was buried behind a panel at the very back of the boat in the ski locker area,as is the wakeplate pump/resevour which is behind another panel back there as well.Thanks for the help,i may go try to find that box,prt# for future info.

lowdrag
09-22-2008, 01:03 AM
The one with the 1/2 inch inlet and outlet should be Wix #33299. I just bought one today and had to look at about 5 different stores. I finally went to NAPA and they had it. Wix makes the filters for NAPA and the NAPA # is 3299. The one that was in the boat was a Carquest filter and I believe the number was 86299. I'm sure I'll remember it since I now need to go buy another one. I fumbled the new and it fell right into the water in the bilge and got submerged. Sometimes I wish the guys who engineer some of this stuff also had to work on it. I can barely wedge my meathooks between the 15 hoses and wire bundles, let alone remove the old filter and slide the new one in without dumbing a bunch of fuel into the bilge.

Mikey
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Those numbers are exactly what i ended up with except that mine is hidden behind a panel in the back ski locker and i had to worry about gas spillage on the carpet in there.

NCSUmoomba
09-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Random question. When did Skier's Choice switch to the in-line style fuel filters? My 2001 Outback DD has the spin-on style. Just curious.

sandm
09-23-2008, 09:12 PM
yea, napa has them as a stock item. 1/2 inlet and outlet. mine was also a carquest factory filter. napa fits like a glove, and it's about as tight as putting a glove on to get to them.
I second the idea to make these things more user-servicable, but that's what keeps many going back to the dealers, and makes the sense of satisfaction that much greater once you do it yourself..

and your 4-letter vocab up to date :)

Waynes345
10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Further Fuel Filter Question:

I've got a '99 Outback DD that has a water separating filter (spin on) at the engine just below fuel pump. Is there an in-line filter somewhere else that I haven't been able to locate? Possibly back under the floor by the tank?

FoilTechHydrofoiler
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Further Fuel Filter Question:

I've got a '99 Outback DD that has a water separating filter (spin on) at the engine just below fuel pump. Is there an in-line filter somewhere else that I haven't been able to locate? Possibly back under the floor by the tank?

Probably not. Just follow the fuel line back to the tank.