PDA

View Full Version : our wake

sandm
09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
just thought I would post up a quick pic of a friend on our wake.
supra launch 20ssv. front 400lb ballast, rear 750lb ballast, 3 additional 440lb sacs and 5 people on this trip.
hoping to be selling the boat for a moomba this winter with the 1000lb front sack, as I'm tired of filling sacs around the boat and want a deeper hull...
not bad for our first season.
can surf for a long time without rope and recover from 10ft back, but he hadn't dropped the rope yet at the time of pic....

Sled491
09-11-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm no expert but that wake looks a little fuzzy. Can you use your wakeplate to clean that up? What Moomba are you going to? I would think if you have a 20 SSV you would be giong striaght to a XLV.? I always really like the SSV's though, very beautiful boat.

sandm
09-11-2008, 06:57 AM
without a rider on it, it has a real nice flow and rolls over the top nicely for about 8-10ft, then starts falling back on itself. we do use the plate to adjust it some, just depends on the lake and number of wakes around. we surf on a very busy lake, which sucks sometimes.
not sure on what boat, but want around 23ft, and something with the 1000lb ballast in the front playpen. looked at the differences in the moomba and the supra 21v/22ssv the other day, and am very attracted to the price of the moombas.

sandm
09-11-2008, 11:26 AM
won't. have a house to sell first, and once it's gone, then I'll start talking trades. won't be until after the first of the new year, and hopefully during boat show week here in early march..

MeachDog
09-12-2008, 02:41 AM
just thought I would post up a quick pic of a friend on our wake.
supra launch 20ssv. front 400lb ballast, rear 750lb ballast, 3 additional 440lb sacs and 5 people on this trip.
hoping to be selling the boat for a moomba this winter with the 1000lb front sack, as I'm tired of filling sacs around the boat and want a deeper hull...
not bad for our first season.
can surf for a long time without rope and recover from 10ft back, but he hadn't dropped the rope yet at the time of pic....

Here is a look at the wake from out outing today. Same setup as before. we did find that if we make a VERY SLIGHT turn to the right (we ride on left side) that we get a nice role and the pocket extends approx 2-4 feet longer back.

See explanation of setup here:
https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.php?p=46994&postcount=75

Happy surfing!

moombadaze
09-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Ed, we will be out the next 2 sundays surfing so if you would like come on down, we can grill out at the lake. Ragdogsgirl's son is a goofy surfer as well and they are usually with us, that way one boat is for regular and the other is goofy.

Littlena
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
MeachDog, now that's a nice looking curl, Iwould love to getinto that one!;)

cab13367
09-15-2008, 03:20 PM
not sure on what boat, but want around 23ft, and something with the 1000lb ballast in the front playpen. looked at the differences in the moomba and the supra 21v/22ssv the other day, and am very attracted to the price of the moombas.

Then the XLV is your only choice. It's 23' and can accommodate the 1100 lb center bag that extends under the playpen. I hear it puts out one of the best surf wakes out there.

Al

sandm
09-16-2008, 08:26 PM
will be anxious to shop again. planning on riding a moomba, a supra and a centurion. dealer here has a screaming deal on an 08 enzo230 and have heard amazing things about the wakes off them, but if the supra/moomba has just as nice and is a lot less, then it's a no-brainer.