PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking at buying a 2001 Mobius V..Good or Bad idea?

gpl2830
01-03-2004, 06:10 PM
2 years ago I bought a 1998 Bayliner Capri..I really got into wakeboarding ..but it only had a 4 cylinder engine and didn't have the power to pull out the hole when I had weight in it. I sold it and am looking at buying a wakeboarding boat...I looked at Mastercraft...Nautique...and it seems that you just can't beat Moomba's price. I found a 2001 Moomba Mobius V and am interested but wanted to know if anyone could tell me what they think about this boat. I had heard a while back that moomba's did not track very well and was wondering if this boat might have that problem?

thanks,

Greg

CWS_Kahuna
01-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Can't really reply to the Mob V but I do own a 2001 Mobius. I have not had any tracking problems with mine. I have enjoyed the boat for almost 3 years now and have not had any kind of major problems and I use the boat quite a lot. You are correct about trying to beat Moombas price/value as it is very hard to do. I personally would not have any problems with buying another Moomba when the time comes.

I do know you can make a very nice wake on the Mob Vs. What kind of features does it have?

noneya
01-07-2004, 01:51 PM
V-drives dont track as well as D-drives but that is not Moomba related. My budy has a Mob V and I think its great, I personally went for a D-drive for price but I never had any complaints about the handeling of his boat.

wakenup
01-08-2004, 10:25 AM
See if it has the optional tracking fins, this makes a world of difference.

01-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I own a 03 mob V. The tracking isn't too bad. The only porblem is when you get someone heavy behind it. When they go to the outside it wants to pull the boat and changes wake shape in turn. If you want to know if Im happy with my mob V. You should really read my other post. Just keep one thing in mind, the warranty isn't tranferable.

01-08-2004, 01:21 PM
I own a 03 mob V. The tracking isnt' too bad. It doesn't track as well as a d-drive of coarse, but the only problem with the tracking is that when you get someone heavy behind the boat and they egde hard on the outside of the wake it wants to pull the boat over and that changes the wake and makes it difficult to drive. As far as being satisfied with my boat. You should check out my other post. Put it this way, Its defenatly not a mastercraft or malibu or any upper end boat. Just keep one thing in mind. The warranty does't not transfer.

Good luck

Keaton
01-08-2004, 01:56 PM
If this same message shows up a few times pleas forgive me. Im having some trouble with my computer. I have a 03 mobius V. The tracking is not that bad but the problem I've found is when your pulling a heavy person and they edge hard to the outside, it wants to pull the boat over a little and that changes the wake. A tracking fin would help. As far as being satisfied with my boat. You should take the time to read my other post. Its defenatly isn't a mastercraft or malibu or any upper end boat for that matter but it will do the job. If you buy that boat just remember one thing, the warranty doesn't transfer. Even the life time hull warranty. For owning a moomba I'd say that hull warranty is important. Good luck