PDA

View Full Version : newbee boat lift question

kenidaho
09-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Well I just bought a LSV I will pick it up Friday. I won't use it much this year but I might want to put in a boat lift.

We have a place on a local river. the water depth at my dock is between 8 and 20 feet. the dock is a fixed height. The water starts coming up before memorial day and stays up until after labor day. The water during this time varies about 18 inches. Currently the dock doesn't have water or electricity to it. I could run either.

I would like one that I don't have to crank up and down.

Art there any that can be used with the tower in the up position with a canopy to keep teh boat clean.

What lifts would you recommend?

Sled491
09-07-2008, 07:16 PM
The new hydraulic lifts are the bomb. There are many manufatuers that make them and you would need electricity for this. I'm just not sure about the 25ft of water though. For that much water you might need a are tank system like they have in AK. For this you would again need electicity for the pump.

PS why would you need water brought to a lift?

jmvotto
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I have a eletric motor unit on a great lakes hoist. has a wireles remote as well (cool)you can have hydralic as well and use solar if electric not available I have the extra canopy extensions and drive right in and raise it until thr light on tower gets two inches from the canopy top. I am in 4 ft of water but the feet can be extended at at leat 4 more ft.

would you leave this in the water year round, is your dock permanent or floating?

kenidaho
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the answers. The reason I would bring in water is some of the hydrulic lifts are water powered.

I would not leave the boat in year around the water drops to far and it is to cold and I have a garage that I hope it will fit in.

What brand do you have?

jmvotto
09-08-2008, 07:07 AM
Are you going to keep the lift in all year. It is a great lakes lift, check out my pics in the moomba album of the hoist .

kenidaho
09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
yes the lift will be in year round I will look at the photos thanks