PDA

View Full Version : XLV vs Malibu 23lsv and others

choard
09-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I have a chance to get a 07 XLV and am hoping I can hear some feedback from some 07-08 XLV owners on the quality, ride, surfing capabilities of their boats perhaps compared to others.
I have a 2004 MB Sports B52 Team Edition now and previously I had a 2003 Moomba LSV. The MB is definately a better boat than the 03 Moomba was but of course cost more. I want a 23ft boat now and like the XLV but I am hoping Moomba addressed a few things since my 03 LSV. The vinyl upholstery was thin on it and the MB is quite a bit better. The wake for surfing on my MB is incredible but that's because it has 800lb stock rear right in the hull and I added a 750lb sac in the locker. Now the XLV does not have in-hull ballast from what I have read?? I am guessing I will have get a larger fat sac for the XLV and maybe another to equal my MB.

I guess I am asking is the XLV a solid boat?

moombadaze
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
choard, i had a 03 lsv also, upgraded this year to a 08 lsv, so i cant directly answer your guestion but yes this boat is solid, much improved. but i have never been in a mb.

patrick232
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM
We just bought a used 2007 XLV. The interior was upgraded in 2007 almost supra like now. Before buying this boat we test drove the 236 Correct Craft and the 220 Sea Ray. The XLV had the better rinde and was even drier than the Sea Ray. For the money difference I only see bling not function.

choard
09-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I also forgot to ask with the new seat for 07 does it swivel and slide back? I can't see the boat I want to buy in person and from the pictures it looks like it is a tight fit behind the rear seat and the walk through to bow. I am 6'3" with long legs and I need some space to fell comfortable.
Thanks for any follow-up.

09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
The seat slides back. Upolstry and stiching and foam has all been improved over the years. I have an 08 XLV and can surf all day long on factory ballast alone (although upgrading th rear sacks from 400 to 750's would only make it bigger).

There is a ton of room and the wake is size large! Personally I love my boat and couldn't ask for more. It's a very solid boat and handles quite well. Take the chop like a champion too. If you can, test drive one you won't be dissappointed.

billstephenson
09-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I have an brand new XLV Gravity edition, and it is an awesome boat with a ton of improvements, and the surf wake is huge, much better than my 05 xlv (which is the same as the '07 i believe).

The 08 hull is designed to sit lower in the water so it does not need the weight like previous years. The factory ballast is 400 lbs in the back and 600 up the middle. Surfing we fill a corner, and depending on the surfer and where thier sweet spot is, add water to the center and move the sweet spot back. I also have 550's and 750s that i have experimented with, but found i really dont need that much. With the 750 the wave is huge, but so steep it is nearly impossible ride up and down

As mentioned, the interior is way improved, and the seating is extremely well thought out. I was cautious about the play pen up front, but now i would not go without.

Unfortantely, I am in a bind and need to sell. My local dealer who is awesome is trying to help me out so it should sell soon. I'm taking a big hit, but all for the better.....

Good luck with the 07

billstephenson
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
FYI, My local dealer has a very clean XLV Gravity games boat still listed. Darn near a steal at 36,500

www.bandbsports.com

choard
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
thanks Bill I appreciate the post and heads up about the boat but I really want a 2007. I got two I am watching and talking to seller about.

Thanks again,
Cory