PDA

View Full Version : Supra 24 SSV

gcombe74
09-05-2008, 06:20 PM
That worlds edition boat is putting out one sick wake! I love this.... I love that the Worlds are on the Net...

Just so fun to watch such good talent!

Thanks SC!!

deafgoose
09-05-2008, 06:57 PM
The world edition package does not add extra weight or affect the wake any different than a regular 24ssv correct?

They sure are gorgeous boats though.

04OUTBACK
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't think Worlds adds ballast, but I think they come with 1950 stock..
BUT, Trevor Hansen was being interviewd on the broadcast today and claimed His 24ssv had 1200 in center and twin 1000's in rear. Claimed it was a factory option.. not listed on website anywhere..

deafgoose
09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I really love the MB Sports Tomcat ballast.

Open the flood gate and water fills the ballast in 60sec. Did they patent that idea? because nobody is rushing to copy them.

gcombe74
09-07-2008, 02:22 PM
watched the utube video on that tomcat... sick... way sick how fast it can dump and load... that was so freaking cool.

cab13367
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I really love the MB Sports Tomcat ballast.

Open the flood gate and water fills the ballast in 60sec. Did they patent that idea? because nobody is rushing to copy them.

dg,

I think that Calabria was actually the first manufacturer to use that system. In fact, I didn't know anyone else did.

Problem I see with that is you can't easily change the amount of ballast you have. I like the Gravity III in that you have many different options as far as weight depending on what you are looking for and it's just a matter of buying the right size bags. As an example, my 2006 came with 275s in the rears and a 400 in the middle. I upgraded to 400s in the rear. I also have a 750 that I swap out for the surf side 400 when we surf. And everything is plumbed in.

I also bought a Tusnami 1200 gph pump system (with hose and fittings included) and I use that in conjuction with the plumbed in pumps to help fill and empty the 750 so it takes just a few minutes now.

Also, having part of the hull hollow for the built in ballast means it has less payload capability (i.e., less people and weight capacity) as that area is filled with flotation foam on other boats. At least that's what the Moomba dealer told me.

Al