PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate on an 07 Outback?

TL7
09-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Would there be any benefit to adding a wakeplate to an 07 Outback for wakeboarding?

pickle311
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
none at all, it's not needed on that hull

Sled491
09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Wakeplate is to flatten out your wake not to create one. that being said it can be used to shape your wake and tune it.

maxpower220
09-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I have an 08 Outback with the wakeplate. It does make a difference wakeboarding, especially if you ride at 21-23 mph. However, it does not make a difference much in size, but in shape of the wake. When you weight the boat down with people or water, it can help the ramp or the curl location.
If you forget the wakeplate in the "wakeboard" position, it can really mess up your slalom wake. Having never been in an Outback without the plate, I can't say if it changes the slalom wake.

All of that said, I am not sure that I would add it to the boat unless you just want to do it. Adding ballast will increase your wake size faster and cheaper. IMO. If wakeboarding is your thing to do, save the money and put it toward trading your boat for a more wake oriented boat.

Mikey
09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree with what max power said.It does make a difference,mostly shape but some size as well.I ski, but had had a couple good wakeboarders tell me so so i'm going with what they said or wanted as i don't run any ballast,yet.Speed also plays a factor as to how effective it is as well.