PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Fly High V-Drive Sacks 400lbs +/1

RobertJ
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Hello all,

I am looking for a set of V-Drive sacks for my 2002 Mobius LSV, known on this site as the Grillobius. I know a lot of you have upgraded to the bigger sacks and I am wanting to start with the smaller sacks. Don't ask me why I want the smaller sacks you will only ridicule me into shame about the need for porta potty storage. Oh, I just gave my reason away, crap.

Seriously, most of our boating is on the resevior that provides drinking water for our city and I just don't like the whole circle of life thing, even though the guy on Discovery Channel drinks his pee any time he gets a chance and he rules.

04OUTBACK
09-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Looks like $199/set of 2 is the going rate... Evogear has free shipping..
I have 2 275's out of my 2006, cuz I got 750s now..

RobertJ
09-04-2008, 01:13 AM
04Outback / Brad thanks for the reply. Wakeside also has new sacks for $199 but I am looking for some used ones. Are you interested in selling your 275's? Where they part of your original factory ballast?

Roachman
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Robert,
I have a set of 275lb sacs that came with my LSV06. I can not get the quick connects out so if you already have internal ballast then they should work. $100

cab13367
09-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Robert,
I have a set of 275lb sacs that came with my LSV06. I can not get the quick connects out so if you already have internal ballast then they should work. $100

Roach,

I too could not get the fittings out at first since they are glued in. But after heating aound the threads with a hair dryer for a good 5 minutes and using channel locks, I was able to get them out. I folded the bag over several times under the fitting so I could get a good grip on it then had my wife unscrew the fittings with the channel locks and they broke loose. Had to do it a couple times though. Patience is key.

Al

RobertJ
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Ed and Roach thanks for the replys. Ed, I am interested in your 400's if you won't need them. i don't have the factory system, just a tsunami pump I toss over the side. This is my first Moomba and I might try to get a new one in a few years so I don't think I will put an automatic system in my 2002.

I am trying to decide what upgrades to do and one of them is the FAE. It sure gets a lot of attention on the site. The family really wants to surf and the safety that comes with CO and noise reduction go way beyond just getting it to surf.

Ed, by the way Bear does rule but lately he is always in his underwear and drinking pee. His earlier shows were better. My ideal guest list for a day on the water would be Bear, Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs), Tory (the guy from Myth Busters that wakeboarded behind a cruise ship),Tom Silva (The This Old House Guy. He would be there so I could get him to come fix all the stuff at my house I don't get done because we are always on the lake) and you sound pretty cool so you can come and enjoy a pull behind the Grillobius have a brat and a slurpee. No women on the list, I have to respect the wife, she is awesome and is a full supporter of the Grillobius's adventures.