PDA

View Full Version : CD changer install

waterboy
12-31-2003, 04:17 PM
Hi all....I recently upgraded the stereo in my 2001 Outback by adding a 10 disc CD changer. I got a few requests to post how difficult it was, so here goes.

It was incredibly simple...the Kenwood CD player that came standard is compatible with the Kenwood KDC-C719 CD changer. I got on the Kenwwod support website and sent them the model numbers to make sure they would work together, and got an answer a few days later. They said that particular model will work with any Kenwood CD player with CD changer controls.

There's only one hook-up.a 13 prong cable that comes with the changer and plugs into the back of the CD player...that's it. Mount the changer in a safe spot and you're done.
I bought my CD changer on Ebay, new (not rebuilt or anything) for $124.00 + shipping. The seller was ABC Car Stereo, I highly recommend them. The shipping was prompt, and he sent emails withtracking numbers.

Just do a search for KDC-C719 on Ebay or Yahoo Shopping to find one, if it works for your stereo. That's it, 150 bucks to upgrade your boat a little! :) Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Brian

Livindadream
01-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the info. Where did you mount yours? Is it able to be mounted either vertically or horizontally? The one in my boat now is kind of a pain to get to, and would like to buy a 10 disc rather than the current 6.

waterboy
01-11-2004, 07:46 AM
You can mount it 3 ways.....I installed mine vertically.....when you pull up the seatback to the storage area behind the passenger seat there's a nice little space to your immediate right. Seems like an out of the way spot.

Brian

weirdo0521
01-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Forgive for sounding dumb.......so do you have the origianl Kenwood CD player and a changer installed now? I guess I am asking if you added on or did you replace it?

waterboy
01-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I kept the original stereo....it accepts the CD changer.

Brian