PDA

View Full Version : Portable slalom courses

jmvotto
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Any of you skiers out there have any experience with ez-slalom or insta- slalom. looking into to one next year if the regs allow it on our lake. Always wanted to ski a course.

:confused:

BensonWdby
09-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Years ago we had an insta-slalom . Went in pretty fast - three people works best. Pretty much throw in the first anchor and start driving in the direction you want the course. Add buoy to arm, add boat guides to arm, clip arm to main lines, extend arms, repeat.... At end throw out final anchor. I think they use a third anchor for adding tension. Took about 20-30 minutes.

As far as regs go, since it is a temporary course, assuming you take it out at end of day, I doubt that there are any regs to stop you. Dealing with fishermen, jet-skis, and lakeshore owners - different story.

I once had my water in the course screwed by a guy on a snowmobile - in July....

Have fun with it
Dave

Laz
09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
I have the EZ-Slalom course. It's takes about 30 minutes to install and works very well.

On the weekend we dropped the course in at 7:30 and were skiing by 8:00. We skied non-stop until 10:30 when the lake started to become busy and we had the course out of the water before 11:00, just as all the yahoos on jet skis came out.

This summer we installed the course for a week at a time, three times with no trouble.

It has been a great purchase.