PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboarding Orlando

Yellowmobius
12-30-2003, 11:08 AM
Anyone recommend a wakeboard school in Orlando?
Just looking for a one day thing so I can get out on the water. I will be in Orlando 1st week in March.

Yellowmobius
12-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info,

gorgeous French girls as wakeboarding instructors, Sounds too good to be true!

waterboy
12-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Um, I can't vouch for Ed but I just want to point out I've never dressed as a French girl......he's right about the hotties at the Swiss Ski School though. Here's a link to their Pro Shop that has a pic of the babe that works there. Ever met Natalie, Ed? She's sweet. :)

http://www.swisskischool.com/new_proshop.htm

Bruce, if you'd like to get out on the chain with us, I have Weds. and Thursdays off, Ed has weekends, I think. We'd be happy to give you a pull, and it won't cost you a dime! I have family in town around that time but I don't have exact dates yet. I can let you know for sure in a few weeks.
You could also go out to the Orlando Watersports Complex and ride the cable, but the scenery's better in Clermont. Here's the link anyway:

http://www.orlandowatersports.com/

Maybe we'll see you in March!

Brian

Yellowmobius
12-31-2003, 09:42 AM
I was wondering WHO was dressing as the french girl!

Thanks for the offers, I might just have to take you up on that. Can one or both of you shoot me a e-mail [email protected], maybe we can work something out, (details).
P.S. Ed, I am a boat owner as well and I know very vell that the boat runs on gas and everyone else on beer! Trust me I do my part with both! What flavor beer in Florida?

waterboy
12-31-2003, 10:55 AM
If you do a search on "beer"...most of the posts are from Ed. :p

Brian

Yellowmobius
12-31-2003, 11:05 AM
I see Ed likes his beer!,

waterboy
12-31-2003, 03:58 PM
http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/

Just kidding Ed!

Brian

Yellowmobius
01-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey guys,
I would like to hook up with one or both of you for a day of boarding.

I will be in town with the family and I know we will be doing the Disney thing. Can you guys suggest any other "must do"
things? My kids are 7 and 5.

Yellowmobius
01-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Forgot to mention, the day of boarding will be WITHOUT the wife and kids. I will have to chase them off doing something else.

Yellowmobius
01-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Sounds like the wife is going to let me go play a Saturday, March 6th. Ed, would you be interested in having a stranger boardign with you that day? Providing the weather works, I will bring plenty of cold Amber Brock!

Let me know,

Brian, if you can make a weekend work let me know!

Yellowmobius
01-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Sounds good,

I can hang with a skier, hell I used to be pretty good on a stick, I still plan on dragging my board with.

Talk to you guys later.

waterboy
01-05-2004, 06:21 PM
I'll check the vacation calander....hopefully I can at least get a half day on that date and be out by 11 or so.

Brian

Yellowmobius
01-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Ed,
Where are the priorities????
Really?

Thanks for the update, I understand

waterboy
01-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Bruce,
If you want to get some skiing or boarding or both in, you might try the cable complex. Get on their website and check it out...the day fee is reasonable, you can ride as long as you can hang on. The place is right next to an expressway, not too hard to find.
Are you staying at a Disney resort? Maybe we could at least hook up for dinner if you'd like.....since I work there I know a few good places to eat! :p

Brian

Yellowmobius
01-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks, we are staying at Holiday Inn Family Suites Resort
LAKE BUENA VISTA, FL
14500 Continental Gateway
ORLANDO, FL 32821
UNITED STATES
1-407-3875437

Any info would be great.

How does one wakeboard at a cable park without a wake?

waterboy
01-08-2004, 04:00 PM
I've never tried it, but the pros go there all the time. The cable is pulling you from way up high, i think all you have to do is pop up and you fly.

Brian

Yellowmobius
01-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I have been doing some additional searching, what about The Boarding school?

waterboy
01-09-2004, 06:22 AM
The Wakeboard Camp here in Clermont is one of the best schools in the country from what I've read, but they only have weekly sessions. jere's the link anyway, in case you want to ask about a 1 day session.

http://www.wakeboardcamp.com/

Brian