PDA

View Full Version : 08 LSV computer chip ?

danimal95
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
hey newbie here with a question.....i have a 08 LSV with the 325hp motor,my dealer said the only differance between the 325 and the 340 version is a chp for the computer...have any of you heard of this?????i already made a cold air induction for it which did make a differance on the top end speed.any help would be appreciated,thanks

Razzman
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Just curious why your looking for more top-end? Typicaly wakeboats run in the lower ranges 90% of the time whether wakeboarding, skiing, surfing or tubing. I know i rarely see over 35mph and that's just getting to the spot or getting in before dark. I do know that the 340 hp motor is the 340 Assault EXTCAT motor and is more than just a chip difference. Here's the info on it. The most noticable difference is the intake, exhaust and ignition system.

From Indmar's web site;

The Assault 340 features Indmar's 5.7 HO MPFI (Vortec 5700/350 CID). This year it offers even more with Indmar's ETC system (Electronic throttle and cruise) now standard. The Indmar developed system allows the helm throttle control to electronically connect to the engine's ECM. Throttle response is quick and smooth. The Electronic Throttle Control with Cruise feature is a bonus to recreational water-ski and wakeboard families.

All 2008 Assault 340's feature the patented one-piece ETX/CAT (Extreme Tuned Exhaust with Catalyst). The most dramatic achievement for boater safety is ETX/CAT's substantial reduction of Carbon Monoxide (CO) gases in all part-throttle operating modes. Neither the California Air Resources Board (CARB) nor the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) currently regulates CO emissions, but when they do Indmar is ready to meet or surpass those regulations.

There is no measurable engine power loss thanks to ETX/CAT's extreme tuned manifold/catalyst design. The ETX/CAT system is a free breathing, header style performance exhaust manifold designed to incorporate the catalytic converter as a compact assembly.

Certified: 4-Stars Super Ultra-Low Emission by California Air Resources Board 2007.

Add an Indmar-designed torque-tuned multi-port intake manifold, GM's high-flow Vortec heads and a high-lift roller cam for even more performance.

The Assault 340's brain is Delphi's most advanced water resistant ECM (Electronic Control Module) the MEFI-5 hardware/software system. The MEFI-5 system is custom calibrated by Indmar to provide maximum performance and drive ability. By custom calibrating the ECM to match hull design requirements and the intended boat application this process allows boat and motor to perform as one seamless unit. The three-dimensional system precisely manages fuel, ignition and air. It is programmed to deliver the power skiers' and wake boarders' need, plus the classic turnkey starts, unhesitating dependability and fuel efficiency that only Indmar can deliver.

Indmar's Vortec 5.7L HO is offered by Skier's Choice (Supra and Moomba) 2007 boat line as the Assault 340. Outstanding performance and durability, all backed by Indmar's exclusive 3-year limited warranty, which includes both fuel and electrical systems.

Note: All Skier's Choice Models are available as Salt Water Specific engines.

Experienced saltwater boaters will be the first to appreciate the extensive list of saltwater-specific details found in the Skier's Choice SS series. All marinized parts are E-coated, an advanced electro-coat dip process that provides optimum protection against corrosion. Unlike paints or powder coating, E-coating completely covers both external and internal surfaces, creating a permanent-paint-to-metal bond. Will not peel. Will not crack. Corrosion will not put a dent in it.

SS Cooling systems are totally closed and corrosion free. Saltwater never enters an SS engine system. It uses only propylene-glycol/water coolant driven by a high-flow pump. Coolant tanks are easily accessible for filling and maintenance and are equipped with sacrificial anodes for extended life.

Sled491
09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes, I agree, not only would there be a chip, but for sure the exhaust system is different. I would like to see a pic of your cold air induction system. But I also agree, why more top end speed, these aren't really meant to be fast boats, the hulls just aren't designed that way

danimal95
09-03-2008, 09:57 AM
i understand that the boats arent designed for high speeds,but i still enjoy a WOT run every now and then,i will take some pics of my induction this weekend if i have time.im sure that there are more differences than the chip,that is just what my dealer told me......i would think that there would be some chip available that would give it more power though

ffmcdou
09-04-2008, 02:26 AM
How much top end did you pick up with this air-induct system? I'd be interested in knowing what you did. What is your top speed and what prop are you running? Thanks

maxpower220
09-04-2008, 09:38 AM
I am interested in seeing what you call an air induction. Pics please.

danimal95
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I am interested in seeing what you call an air induction. Pics please.

i guess i should say "colder air induction"basically i took off the stock metal layer filter and installed a mandrel bent 4" abs plastic piece that is mandrel bent heading toward the front of the engine bay and down towards the v-drive unit then there is a 12" x 6" K&N filter on the end of it.after doing a back to back test on the same day and the same load on the boat it picked up 1 to 2 mph on the top end,it went from 42mph to 43-44 the boat is in getting serviced so i wont have pics till the weekend.