PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell!!!!!!

tazz3069
09-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Wow what a weekend. I can say that it was the best. I mean we had very good company on our weekend. Lots of great food and drink. Let me start off by saying, we got there on Friday night at around 9:30pm. We met my sister-in-law and her husband. We drank, talked about the weekend. Saturday we woke up early and got the boats ready. Time came to launch the boats. Everything was great. We found a great cove and started our day. Lots of wakeboarding and surfing. We had lunch. Then more wakeboarding and surfing. Well it was time to rap thing up. Packed up up the boats and headed back to the dock. Well thats when it hit us. A storm out of nowhere. We had 4-5' swells. It took us forever to get back. My poor LSV was taking a beating. My friends Centurian also took a beating. I had my family in my boat (sister-in-law, brother-in-law, their son, my son, and my wife). I was really nervouse. I needed to get my family to safety. We finally made it back. Both boats made it without any damage or injury to the family and friends. Lots of alcohal followed the event. That night it rained cats and dogs. both boats filled with water. No big deal. The nest morning, we could not get into the water until late afternoon. My brother-in-law, two friends, and my self sufed and wakeboarded. It was awesome. Monday, we went out for a quick set. The water was a little rough. Now it was time to go home. We had to drive through Utah. A little town call Hurricane. I received a tichet for having tinted windows. I was parked and a cop came to my window and asked me for my license. He made me rip the tint off the windows or the truck and boat will be impounded. You got to be kidding me. I also got a ticket for it. Yes a ticket. Even after I had taken off the tint I still got a ticket. WTF? I guess he was pissed that he had to work on a Holiday weekend. Now I am home and a S%#@T load of tint glue to take off. Well I guess we will see happens on our next trip. The best thing was the company we were with. We all had a great time.

P.s. I saw a britney and blue Moomba out there. If you read this, chime in.
Tazz

zabooda
09-02-2008, 02:31 AM
As. long as you didn't tint the front side windows you should have been ok. I plan to go to Lake Powell in a couple of years

tazz3069
09-02-2008, 07:51 AM
In vegas it is not illegal for the % that I have on the sides. My windshield was the one that I had to rip off. When he had told me to take it off, I told him that I will not be able to see out the front windshield. He told me that I could see better. Well guess what. I was right. I could not see anything. He then proceeded to tell me about a store I could go to, so I can purchase something to remove the glue. Funny, he told me that he is following the Vegas laws. I have seen tons of patrol cars with their windows timted. Of course I could not tell him that. I did not want to risk getting the truck and boat impounded.
Tazz

gcombe74
09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I know this is a family friendly site.. but being a utah native... all I can say is what a dick that cop is... because I have had my windows tinted too dark before and got FIX it tickets... but I live here and I know the law.. the fact that you have nevada plates and where just driving thru.. he was just being a dick... I dont know if he can impound you for that shit to be honest... what a joke.

kaneboats
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
It is jealousy. Nothing more. Make you pay for what he doesn't have and wouldn't take care of if he did have.

aintskeered
09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Dang Tazz that stinks! Whare at did you drop into powell? I have a bunch of friends heading down there (Bullfrog)wensday.... Gurrr and I am going to try and meet up with them on next wensday. They have shares in a house boat there. Water temp was good? And what cove did you run into?

tazz3069
09-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Aintskeered--
We did not go that far North. We were near Page Arizona. I had never been there before. It is absolutly georgous out there. I will definatly go back.

09-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a cop on a power trip! But there are only a handful of those types of cops across the states, they are few and far between :)

Things are not much different in Canada. I live in a resort town up in Canada and it seems like the cops here are a lot bigger jerks on long weekends, eagerly handing out the tickets. But on weekedays the cops in our town are a lot easier goign, especially to locals.

yearround
09-02-2008, 01:21 PM
my best and worst boating memories are from Lake Powell.
i remember as a kid being out for and having a storm come up, 20 miles from camp, huge swells, rollers coming over the boat, everybody with life jackets on, making plans for what to do in the event of a capsize.

glad you made it out safe and still had fun with the weather!

i have never been to Wahweep, BF is too much closer. we had a great trip in July, will try and go down in October, unless hunting gets too exciting.

Sled491
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Man Tazz, you sure have the luck! Bikes get stolen, get to go to the dealer showing. Great weekend on the lake, get jack by a jag of a cop. That is one rollercoaster of a year!

tazz3069
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Rollercoaster is right. It is on its way up again. They found my sons bike the other day. I need to take a trip to Phoenix, AZ to pick it up. They cought the guy in a Lowes parking lot, with the bike in the back of the truck, trying to sell it. Now it is in the impound yard. They booked the guy then let him go. I still need to talk to the arresting officer. Waiting for his call back.

Sled491
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Tazz, I'm in Phoenix right now for the next 2 weeks. Call me if you need any help, or if you want to grab a bite while here to pick up the bike.

tazz3069
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Sled,
I will let you know. Still waiting for the phone call from the arresting oficer.

Mark

GeauxTigers
09-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Man, Tazz... you have what my family calls the "dark cloud" hanging over you. Hopefully, you will be able to shake it off soon. Other than the Jag-off cop, how did you enjoy your trip? Are we going to see any pics? I assume you stayed at the Wahweap lodge? Do you remember the name of the coves you played in? My favorite was Gunsight canyon during my last trip. I am going to try to make my last trip down south during October. The kids have off in October for the UEA weekend, so we are planning to run down to Sand Hollow (between Cedar City and St. George). Not a big lake but great beaches and awesome campsites.

tazz3069
09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I am hopeing the black cloud passes. I do not remember the coves we were in. I do remember wakeboarding and surfing by the damn. We stayed at Linda's Condos. They were cool little condos. I think we paid something like 350.00 for the weekend.
http://www.lakepowellresorts.com/