PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Labor Day Weekend Weather!!!

Moomba Dad
09-01-2008, 05:45 PM
For anybody in Michigan you have to admit we just had one of the best Labor Day Weather Weekends EVER!!!

Absolutely incredible weather ever single day. Low to mid 80's, all SUN, low humidity, every single day! Incredibly beautiful!!!

Hired a local professional to give my two boys some wake-boarding lessons and they just loved it. They wake-boarded, knee-boarded and tubed all weekend.

Just reporting in. Hope the rest of you had similar weather.

My 1st Moomba Summer and lovin' it. Kinda' sad to see the summer in Michigan coming to an end though.

Reese350
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Yup, I concur. Some of the best weather we had all year. We spent all 3 days on the water.

We hit 63 engine hours for the summer today. That's a lot for us, great summer!

Moomba Dad
09-01-2008, 07:24 PM
63 Hours! That seems like a lot. I've got my boat a our cottage Up North and we've logged about 36 hours since. June 30.

spyder
09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
yep, great weather up in Ontario as well!

ian ashton
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
It's supposed to be nice all week too.

I've spent the last 3 days pulling 10-12 hour shifts on the water, hehe!

04OUTBACK
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Glad ya'll had a great weekend..
Saturday, we took a picnic to the cove and sat and watched tubers and cigarette boats blister by. Put less than an hour on the ol Moomba..
Sunday, we joined some friends on different lake and had a blast.. it was breezy(Gustav was nearing!) so we all got a quick wakeboard set, and then surfed! We had a blast..

Today was a total wash due to Gustav... LAZY DAY!

jmvotto
09-01-2008, 10:49 PM
great weekend in western NY as well, seemed like the best one of the summer, we will pull the boat, dock, hoist out mid oct weather permitting.

66 hrs this summer as a 1st time moomba owner.. yipee lol:D

Appleknocker
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Couldn't agree more. Up in the U.P I would say it's the best weather we've had all summer long, too bad it's coming to an end.

Moomba Dad
09-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Couldn't agree more. Up in the U.P I would say it's the best weather we've had all summer long, too bad it's coming to an end.

Appleknocker,

What part of Da' UP were you in? My brother lives by Bruce Crossing, just North of Wisconsin.

smokedog2
09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
I wish I had taken today off. Got my first 360 on a skate. I lost the rope but made it around for a change. I dont even know if that is a official trick but I want to try it.

My daughter is home sick so I'm surfing here for a couple minutes. It was a great weekend -

and I guess I am taking today off, judt not at the lake.

ian ashton
09-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I wish I had taken today off.

I'm definately hoping to sneak out early today. I'm taking the boat up to Torch Lake towards the end of the week; I'm thinking I want to leave sooner and sooner, lol.

tarkus70
09-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Got out only one day this weekend. River was packed but got a few sets in later when everyone went home. We have about 6 more weeks before the dry suits come out so I'm taking every Wednesday off for the next two months. Just to enjoy the warm water and cooler days.

GeauxTigers
09-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Woohoo! Had an awesome summer up in Utawh as well. As a first year owner, we have logged 78 hrs. I think I may get another 10 or so before it's over. We'll see....

GeauxTigers
09-03-2008, 03:16 PM
BTW, Labor Day weather here SUCKED!!!!!!!!

Appleknocker
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Moomba Dad, we grew up in Iron River. We now live in Wisconsin but we have a place on Sunset Lake. I know exactly where Bruce's is hunt near there and used to go eat at Gradma Grutters all the time while it was still open. Small word eh. Say Ya To Da U.P Eh

Moomba Dad
09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Moomba Dad, we grew up in Iron River. We now live in Wisconsin but we have a place on Sunset Lake. I know exactly where Bruce's is hunt near there and used to go eat at Gradma Grutters all the time while it was still open. Small word eh. Say Ya To Da U.P Eh

Ya, you betcha! Good luck a deer camp, eh!