PDA

View Full Version : Inland Surfer Blue Lake

04OUTBACK
09-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Today we were out with some friends for a Labor Day weekend ride..
after we all got a set on the wakeboard and gave up on fighting Tubers, we broke out the surf board.
My friends boat (non-moomba) is well set up with Ballast... he added the Fly High Pro X Ballast system and he custom designed it to have more control so we were able to build a pretty darn good surf wave all under seats and auto..

Anyway, they had an Inland Surfer Blue Lake (twin fin, not quad) and it is THE BOMB. I have LF Venture, and have ridden CWB Ride and Yellow Loogey as well, but the Blue Lake was great...very stable, but agile. I was able to ride for along time and enjoy the wave plenty..
My wife has been strugglin with the LF Venture for a while and she loved the Blue lake too...
Yeah, we'll be shoppin soon!

:D

09-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the info. I have that board and have been very happy with it but have been considering getting another. I can surf basically as long as I want on my XLV factory ballast, and have gotten about 25 people up on this board most within 1 or 2 tires.

But I have been wanting to get something that might allow more aggresive moves or perhaps the ability to do 180's or 360's and shuv-its. I was thinking about the Yellow Loogey. Hmmmm....

04OUTBACK
09-01-2008, 09:41 AM
the yellow loogey will def do that..
(just not yet with me on it! HA HA)
one our riders rode the Blue Lake pretty agressive and it looks I can find a lot more fun out of it!

My lf venture has been a challenge... best part was after wife rode, she was saying we are getting one too! Always good to have support!! :cool:

09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Ya, the Blue Lake is a great all around board. Fun to carve and slash on. Just not good for 180's or 3's. I stopped by the local marina and they have the yellow loogey for $325. I'm thinking about it.

sailing217
09-02-2008, 01:54 PM
we started with a broadcast and progressed to a blue lake, now to smaller boards.

Blue lake is great for cruising and carving for all riders. I highly recommend to change the stock fins to the smaller speedline ones. It changes the board completely and loosens it up enough for some slides. 360s are still very hard but possible. Like riding a new board.

Roachman
09-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I have a Green loogey if anyone would like to trade a Blue Lake. I need a little larger board to get my father (63) up. The green rides great.