PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow Lake

bamaspiveys
08-28-2008, 11:18 PM
I started this for Kane, as he asked about Dale Hollow, but I figured a few other people might enjoy this place.
Here are some pictures of the area where we stay. They have houseboats for rent, and the cabins are great.

We typically rent a jetski, and a pontoon boat. Tie the pontoon out in a cove and let the kids go wild. The jetski gets us to and from the marina for anything we need and the kids enjoy it in the big water.

Kane, I just don't think you could go wrong with Dale Hollow.

PS I am not in any of these pics.

Reese350
08-29-2008, 06:20 AM
We have taken a houseboat trip for years and I can vouch for Dale Hollow. It's a great lake and getaway.

Over the years, we've come to prefer Lake Cumberland in Southern KY though. It's 1200 miles of shoreline, incredibly deep, clean and very well protected from the wind by the high cliffs that surround it. The lake is so big, we've never had a problem finding glass at any time of the day/week.

If you haven't taken a houseboat trip before, I highly recommend it. It's an incredible time!

moombadaze
08-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Bam, is there golfing close by?, Most of my wifes family golfs and that has usually dictated where the family reunions are held. The pictures look great.

rvette
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Moombadaze- I hear there is an excellent golf course at the state lodge, I've never played there. I actually saw golf clubs in the back of a boat leaving the dock there one day.

Kane- I have relatives who have a houseboat docked on Cumberland but haven't found the time to get there yet. Hope to soon. Glad to hear that you like it and can find calm water.

Bam- I see you've stayed at Eagle Cove. Just came back from Dale Hollow a coule of weeks ago and used their ramp to launch. We stayed in a house about 3 miles from the marina.
We have stayed at Sulphur Creek and Cedar Hill in the past. We have visited every marina on the lake when we go marina hopping. Just depends on what your needs are and how much you want to spend.
We have had tremendous fun on Dale Hollow. We have spent 3 weeks there so far this year and have had no trouble finding calm water to ski or lounge. We look forward to going back next year. Hope this helps Kane.

kaneboats
08-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks! I'm always looking for new interesting places to visit that are within 10-12 hours and offer water. They blew the reunion this year and aren't even going to have it. Maybe next year they'll be game for something cool.

rvette
08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
Oops, the Cumberland comments were for Reese350.
Kane- You may want to research Center Hill Lake. i've been on there a couple of times and is very comparable to Dale Hollow. It would be about an hour closer for you. several people in the Ohio area go to Norris Lake just north of Knoxville, it is very nice as well. Have fun in your research, may see you on the lake sometime.

bamaspiveys
08-29-2008, 11:20 PM
I am at Ragland Bottom right now on Center Hill Lake, if I have a home lake this is it. You've seen the pictures of my friends houseboat, it is on Center Hill.

CH is a great lake, we are having dam issues right now and we have been at winter pool since around the 4th of July, several ramps are not open, and the lake is a little dirty. Now having said that most places are still over 150 ft deep, coves are stil great and the traffic is lighter, so that is fine with me. I have not seen a timeline on the repairs but I hear the blasting and see the work going on daily, so we will be back to normal eventually. The aren't any marina's that rent cabins like on Dale Hollow that I know of, several Marinas rent houseboats though, and there are several good campgrounds. I am in our favorite now, Ragland Bottom, just sounds cool huh.

Now back to Dale Hollow, yes there is a golf course directly across the main channel from Eagle Cove. We toss the clubs in the boat and drive over, they have a phone on the dock that you use to call the clubhouse and they send a van down to the dock to pick you up. How cool is that !

You can't go wrong with Dale Hollow, or Center Hill in my opinion, so if you get to TN just let me know.

bamaspiveys
08-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Now for a FL question..
Any of you guys near Lake City?

Kane I know where you are I grew up not too far from you up Hwy 27, spent a lot of time on the Flint River in Banibridge, even did a few ski shows in the Boat Basin.

kaneboats
09-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Just drove right past Lake City on the way back from Hilton Head on I-10.