PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of PHAT?

GeauxTigers
08-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Do you guys know what this acronym stands for???:rolleyes:

04OUTBACK
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Pretty Hot And Tempting....

My company sells a product call the PHAT Lady! Its in the catalog with Yo Sista, the Hoochie Mama and the Wench.

We have fun naming stuff by the way!

maxpower220
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
"Nappie Headed Hoes" can get you in a lot of trouble though.

Mrs.Daze
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Do you guys know what this acronym stands for???:rolleyes:

Yes..;) As 04Outback said,
Pretty Hot And Tempting.... or change the last adjective...but here it's more generally like "intelligent or attractive". Ed reminded us previously that it also means "party hat".

yearround
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
this is the momma board, so it means what they want. obviously they love their daddies and cubs, so we should know that PHAT could only refer to something good. i wouldn't think of any less than positive meaning on this board.

jmvotto
08-28-2008, 10:29 PM
wikipedia states the following:

The term Phat may refer to:

An adjective used in pop culture to express approval. Hence, someone or something that is phat could be entertaining, intelligent, attractive or otherwise to be admired. When the word first surfaced in the 1960s, men generally used it to describe attractive, or "fine", women. This meaning of phat has been assigned numerous backronym meanings, most commonly Pretty, Hot And Tight, but also including others such as, "Pretty, Hot, and Tempting," and "Pretty, Hot And Thick." Also meaning, "Pretty Hot and Tasty." or "perfect hips and thighs

NHH did not make it though.

The 60's really, i though russel simmons came up with it?

ian ashton
08-29-2008, 10:52 AM
My company sells a product call the PHAT Lady! Its in the catalog with Yo Sista, the Hoochie Mama and the Wench.

We have fun naming stuff by the way!

What type of company is this? I'd like to check out your product line, lol.

GeauxTigers
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
lol! I knew this would get lots of replies. I have not been on in a few days to check. During last winter's ski season, I picked up a set of K2 Phat Luv skis for my wife and at first she was pissed that I had bought her something that said that. She was wondering what "message" I was trying to send to her and when we went to the Ski Lodge to get her bindings mounted, the kid there said to her: "Wow, you got yourself some Pretty Hot and Tempting skis"... you should have seen the glow on her face!

HA!

freakwipe
12-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Hi friends, I am first time here and really found it good by all means, Infact the topic is good to read and and sending this page to my other firends because they are always asking me for the good resources to read out.

sandm
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
^my vote for most random post of the year :)

KSmith
12-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Wow. I gotta agree with ya sandm... but wow... just wow... I can't really find the right words.

Wow... just dig up a two year old post and spread the love across the world... wow

brain_rinse
12-21-2010, 11:22 AM
That's a spam post. Time to nuke him...