PDA

View Full Version : Muskoka Moombas ?????

EAGER_BEAVER
08-27-2008, 08:32 PM
I'll be in Muskoka this weekend and we would love to visit someone who owns a Moomba to get real feedback on ownership of such a craft. If anyone is interested in sharing this info just let me know when is best for you.

A ride would be sweet too ;) to get an idea what the wakes ride like. We would really like to compare the ski school's tug boat to the Moomba.

spyder
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I am down on Rice Lake, kinda far from Muskoka... sorry.. If I was closer i'd definitely give you a ride..

Laz
08-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Spyder, where on Rice lake are you? We are thinking of renting a cottage on Rice lake for a week next summer. I used to go there when I was a kid and recall that the water was very warm and calm for skiing.

Is that still true?

We will be about 8 km West of Hastings.

spyder
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Spyder, where on Rice lake are you? We are thinking of renting a cottage on Rice lake for a week next summer. I used to go there when I was a kid and recall that the water was very warm and calm for skiing.

Is that still true?

We will be about 8 km West of Hastings.

That sounds about where we are... We have a place at Birdsall Beach Resort. Umm, well this year has been horrible, tons of wind and cold weather so the water has generally been 70-75F and very choppy.

Last year was a lot better though water reached mid 80's and we had a lot calmer waters..

Best bet for riding would be in the river between Rice Lake and Hastings, or finding calm waters behind islands. This is a big lake and it blows up quickly... Especially at the East End with South West Winds...

Laz
08-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I would want to find a place to setup a portable slalom course for the week. Looking at google maps, I'm not sure I see a good place.

EAGER_BEAVER
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I would have thought with the Moomba dealership on lake Rosseau there would be lots of Moomba owners in the Muskoka region. Maybe they're just not members of this board. :confused:

spyder
08-29-2008, 03:56 PM
I would have thought with the Moomba dealership on lake Rosseau there would be lots of Moomba owners in the Muskoka region. Maybe they're just not members of this board. :confused:

you're most likely right..

on the other hand, there is a dealer in Trenton as well.. make sure you compare prices between the 2.

spyder
08-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I would want to find a place to setup a portable slalom course for the week. Looking at google maps, I'm not sure I see a good place.

I doubt you could find the water you are looking for on Rice Lake.

you may be better off looking at a smaller lake in the Kawarthas... Although I would love to have some other Moomba fans in the area.. ;)

Smrtz
08-29-2008, 04:16 PM
hey Eager Beaver,
Im in Hamilton I have an 05 outback DD
You wanna go for a ride let me know we can set something Up. we will take a spin out to the Grand River in Caledonia.

Cheers
Jay

EAGER_BEAVER
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey SMRTZ, PM sent.