PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass question

jim Leni
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I have a 2006 LSV with perfect pass.The problem I am having is when you turn system on everrything is fine,when you set speed,and give boat gas the system will show speed it will beep,but will not hold boat at speed on screen.I looked at the cable all looks good.Any info wold be helpful.

jimmygjr
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
I am going through a similar problem right now. The boat is in the shop again so I will let you know what they find out.

jester
08-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Is your PP new? When i got my boat i had all sorts of problems with PP and it ended up being the PP brains being the problem. I found out they had all sorts of issues. They replaced the brains and everything has been good.

04OUTBACK
08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Call the Perf Pass guys from your boat.. they can help walk you through issues.

jim Leni
08-28-2008, 07:38 AM
The perfect pass came wiyh boat, I have about 210 hours on boat and never had an issue before.I will call manufacturer,I did not even think to do so.Thanks

jimmygjr
09-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I have gotten the boat back from the dealer and I am waiting on a new PP gauge. Mine went dead when I took it in to see what was wrong with the PP surging. So now I am using a gauge that they had for a correct craft while I am waiting on the moomba PP gauge. I don’t think that it is working right even with the different gauge. I have spoke to the PP tech guys and they think there might be an issue with the ECM of the engine. I think that there are 2 options here and that would be the module for the PP and the ECM of the engine. I have to raise the CS setting on PP to 1420 for it to work but it will engage and run about 3 miles an hour to fast and then comes back down to the speed and holds it very well. When the PP has a CS setting like the factory setting (in the 700's) it will engage, disengage and speed up, engage again, disengage, and so on just up and down. So am still fighting the problem and like most my dealer is 2 hours away for me. I did have the ECM checked and there were no trouble codes but that doesn’t mean that something still isn’t wrong. I would love to have someone’s opinion on this.

Kelsey
09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I was having problems with my PP due to a poor fuel filter. The plugged filter was restricting gas flow and not allowing PP the RPM's it needed to generate rapid acceleration. Does your boat run fine when PP is turned off?

jimmygjr
09-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I have a brand new fuel filter. Put it on Sunday before I went out. The boat works well without the PP on. I did have one issue that started this about 5 or so weeks ago. After sitting for a while the boat would crank and sound like it was ruining on half of the motor. After taking off the fuel filter and playing around with it the motor smoothed out for the rest of the day it worked ok and the PP started acting up. I took it back down to the river the next day and the motor ran really rough. Vibrations, spark knock and so on. My dealer said that it was just the distributor was corroded. They cleaned it out and the boat seems to run good but I am still not sure. I still believe that there might be a problem with the ECM but like I said it does not show any codes. After going through the test on the PP with their tech guy on the phone everything checked out but there was a small glitch in the control test and the PP tech thought that there might be a problem with the ECM. I would like to have another one to hook up to see if all the problems went away but it seems as though they will not sent one if there are no codes showing.