PDA

View Full Version : Question about price range on these...

tyweatherford
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Now i have to idea what options these two have, but ill just say basic model, with wake-plate, PP(maybe), gravity 3 ballast...and of course tower.

maxpower220
08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't think that your question is clearly written.

kaneboats
08-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Orange you glad he has the color picked though?

zegm
08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Outback with those options hummmmm....33k
LSV as in picture hmmmmmmm................41k

But you can go to the boat builder and see the MSRP after you put the options on it you like.

ian ashton
08-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Thats an odd comparisson; a Direct Drive outback (thats a few years old; notice the seat in the engine cover) and an LSV don't have a whole lot in common...

...except that those 2 are both orange.

The LSV has a heater too; which is a great option!

zegm
08-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Heaters! Heater Options!!!!

When is SC going to put an A/C unit in for us?????

:cool:

moombadaze
08-30-2008, 06:08 PM
ZEGm, i like your thinking--a/c

scmarketing
08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
LSV is 1' longer, 2" wider, roughly 500 pounds heavier, seats 2-3 more people comfortably, is deeper which makes you feel like you are riding more inside of the boat.

The LSV can cross-over from wakeboarding/surfing to skiing, but will produce more wake than the Outback V simply given its weight.

The 2009 Outback V is 1' 8" shorter han the current LSV, but only 200 pounds lighter. It is deeper that the 2008 and prior models. It has a brand new hull underneath it, producing a fuller wake than the prior model.

In short, if you are water skier who wakeboards or wakesurfs on occasion, the earlier model Outback V will make you happy.

If you are a wakeboarder who on occasion waterskis, but a bit more budget minded, the 2009 Outback V will be a good fit.

If you are an advanced wakeboarder, or have a larger family, or are really into wakesurfing, the LSV is your best choice.

Hope that helps.

zegm
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
And if you ski a little more than most the LS is the best! :lol:

pickle311
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I had the Outback and now have the LSV. The LSV is only 1 foot longer, but it's a much bigger boat and throws an amazing wake for wakeboarding and surfing. The Outback was a great boat, but I didn't like the low freeboard with a baby being on the boat. If you are a skier, then you really can't beat the Outback.

tyweatherford
09-05-2008, 12:14 AM
well I wakeboard and want to get into wakesurfing...I guess im trying to get the best boat thats the cheapest for that...as everyone else is also. I tried to stop by the moomba dealer in nashville yest. but on the sign it said they had moved to and the number from this site said it was D/C...bummer. Ill try again soon. I went to the mastercraft dealer and i think i pissed him off royally lol. They hadone mobius there and thats all i wanted to look at. The rep kept showing me and telling me about all these other boats and trying to distract my attention and i told the guy basically that i was interested in that boat only. Blahblahblah he went on the bash moomba saying if i bought it i would regret it b.c of resale. He shut up when i told him i planed on keeping it for a few year and the only reason i came there was b.c moomba moved and MC was beside the interstate and i saw the mobius. Sorry for the long post, but i thought i would share of how i will never buy a MC and even though im not part of the moomba community yet he pissed me off about bashing them.

Sled491
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I'd get the orange one:)

THe MC sales man just had checkbook envy, as people who buy a Moomba usually have money left in there check book after getting a really Kick Ass ski/wakeboard boat!

RickT
09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
TY

If you would like to email me your e address and a phone number, I will make sure the Nashville dealer gets in touch with you. My address is [email protected].

Rick

zegm
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Ty,

In case you don't know Rick T is the Head of Skiers Choice. Now how is that for service. You won't see the CEO of MasterCraft offering to help you out on the boards! That is what Makes Moomba great! They care about the customer!

kaneboats
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
We do appreciate you popping in here, Rick. Keeping your finger on the pulse of the owners makes pretty dog gone good business sense if you ask me. Thanks for caring!

maxpower220
09-15-2008, 05:00 PM
sorry because of resale??? Boy is that ever bull crap

In my opinion (don't get me wrong, MasterCrafts are magnificent boats),
if I owned a Mastercraft, most likely it would still be for sale due to the higher price, and I'd be missing out on getting the new Outback V.

My last boat was a 99 MC, I bought in early 2001 for $20,000, I sold it last May for $18,500 (on ebay).

My point is, all inboards seem to hold their value very well. If you were lucky enough to buy in the early 2000s, you saw the massive price increases over the last 5-8 yrs. Your $22.5K Moomba in 03, is now a $29K in 08. Almost an $8k increase in 5 yrs. A 98 Moomba was in the $18K range, with a 5 yr increase of $4.5k.
If you look at the MC 197 or CC 196, those numbers are double that.

zegm
09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
In 1985/6 ish we spent 7k on a 1975 MasterCraft. Used it 22 ish years and sold it for 4500 dollars this past May! How many 33 year old, 19 ft boats can you sell for that kind of money? Yeap inboard ski boats hold their value!