PDA

View Full Version : Double Wake

tazz3069
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Well this weekend, we are going to Lake Powell with a group of friends. There will be a coule of boats going. My buudy and I saw a video on youtube in regards to a double wake. Two boats have to be side by side with weight on the inside of the boat. This will creat a double wake. You need a longer rope so that you can surf from wake to wake. It looked awesome on the video so we thought we could try it. I will take picture of the experiment.

maxpower220
08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
I hope that you have extreme trust in the other boat driver's ability to not run into your boat. Once you see how close the other boat is, you may have second thoughts about this, especially if you choose to drink while boating.

Razzman
08-27-2008, 03:39 PM
I know for fact in some states that is illegal, especially here in cali! The water cops will bust you in a heart beat for even driving within 50' of another moving vessel on a continuous run.

sandm
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM
it's 100ft here, and enforced.. I wouldn't even think about doing this, no matter how cool it may sound. it has a hint of a youtube sinking boat video..

zegm
08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Now if you take some bamboo, strap it between the boats, put a tarp across the bamboo, hide one State Registration Decal then you could probably get away with it if. You know when you get pulled over say" officer this is a Pontoon boat!

Tazz you really should be careful here!!!!

tazz3069
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
We will be careful. The other boater(driver) a have complete confidence in. But you are right. I need to see what the laws are in Lakw Powell.

tazz3069
08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
I found the link again. Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPdtaIdzlw&feature=related

moombadaze
08-29-2008, 11:55 AM
oh its on...

actually if your set up goofy again it will be a good way to see the diffence in the waves at the same time and i want to try also.