PDA

View Full Version : Lake Norris Skiing

bullet1
08-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, went down to Norris this past weekend with Aaron(FearTheElf) with his Outback and on the last day there we had the best water yet. Here are a few shots from the morning run.

Special Thanks to my wife for the excellent picture taking since I drive the boat. Can't wait to go back.

bullet1
08-26-2008, 10:05 PM
Wow, the pics really get downgraded when they upload... oh well, they're perfectly clear on my PC :)

Sled491
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Bullet1, first maybe try Photobucket or Imageshack, that way you can upload them in a better size and better quality, just a thought.

Second, crap that water looks great, I've always liked the morning ski compared to the evening ski, although I wouldn't give up either.

Third, I am so happy we are getting more skiing junkies showing us there stuff, just great, skiing is alive and well judging by the posts.

Fourth, the second skier needs to drop his hands closer to his waist. Commonly accepted rule, handle should touch your pockets, will keep arm fatique to a minimum.

kaneboats
08-28-2008, 10:01 AM
I've had my hands way too high my whole life. Never had any real instruction. My Dad and all the jet boat guys in their generation were strictly recreational skiers but lots of fun to watch. Every one of them would pull the rope way over his head to take up slack on a turn -- this was probably an amateur's response to the jet boat line that was 100 ft. long. So, in a generation, we have the rope down closer to the waist. Maybe I can get my kids to keep the handle on the pocket.

bullet1
09-01-2008, 07:00 AM
Yea, the second skier would be me. That is a bad habit that I've been working on this summer. I keep the slack out of the rope pretty well, but my hands always seem to come up a little too high. Not over my head or anything, but just a bit high. One more trip to Norris this year, maybe I'll fix it then :) Thanks for the advice.

And I do have a photobucket account, just haven't put any skiing pics out on it yet, almost forgot I had it really.

patrick232
09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
We just returned from Norris Lake with our new to us XLV. We learned how to surf and put about 10 hours on the boat.

Sled491
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Well to both of you welcome and keep the pictures coming!