PDA

View Full Version : New after-market cargo rack bimini

volfo
08-26-2008, 12:57 AM
What do people seem to think of the new monster tower cargo rack bimini? I'm thinking of ordering one. Got a Monster Tower Mt2 this spring, used it all summer and enjoyed it. Need a new bimini. Not sure if it looks quite wide enough, and I don't really like that you can't fold it up. However, being able to throw some stuff up there. So far we are avoiding the tube but the kids do kneeboard and my son's little wakeboard doesn't fit in the racks.

Here's the link - I'm interested in your opinions. At $799 and $849, they're not cheap.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-103-cargo-rack-bimini.aspx

pickle311
08-26-2008, 01:33 AM
It's a lot cheaper than the Z5 Cargo Bimini. I'm not crazy about the shape of that one, but for the price it's worth it. Heck, it's not much more than a standard bimini.

zabooda
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
It has some similarities to the bimini Moomba used in the late 90s. I like the ability to store tubes up there.

wolfeman131
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
For that price, it looks real good to me. You'll find some that wouldn't get another boat without the Z5 Cargo.

zegm
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Yeah the Z-cargo sealed the deal for us when we were choosing our LS. Any type of Bimini that allows you more storage space is Always a PLUS!!!! We purchased a Monster XTP mirror and we are really pleased with the quality of the machining and general function!

yearround
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
we have the Z5, we love the Z5, except that we put the tower up and down for storage every time we use the boat. we also have to remove the swim deck, guide poles. we find that we don't use the Z5 most of the time because it is one more thing to put on take off. most of our trip are early am and late evening so we don't miss it too much. for the week long trips, we would not be without it.

the monster seem to be a bit smaller, probably goes down easier, along the monster lines of collaping towers.

we have a monster ski rack on the tower, works great, priced right, and it is quick release to come off easy for storage or when not in use.

ian ashton
08-26-2008, 12:01 PM
That bimini looks nice, but it seems kinda small. I wish the photos on their website were a little larger so I could get a better idea of the size.

pickle311
08-26-2008, 12:04 PM
You'll find some that wouldn't get another boat without the Z5 Cargo.

You can throw me in that catagory, I love the Z5 on my boat. It was the deal maker when I bought my LSV. I throw my surboard, extra wakeboards, or whatever up there. It's easy to remove too. I take it off after every outing and store it in my garage. I don't want it getting dirty at the storage place.

I say go for the Monster Tower Bimini, you will love having the extra storage and a sturdy bimini that you don't have to mess with.

wolfeman131
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
That bimini looks nice, but it seems kinda small. I wish the photos on their website were a little larger so I could get a better idea of the size.

I've got an email off to them to see if I can visit their place later this week. They are in Alpharetta, GA which is only 1/2 hr or so from me. If I can get more/better pics, I'll post ASAP. If I get the OK that this can fit on the rad-a-cage tower, and it looks as good in person as it does on the net, I'll have one in my truck and pics of installing this weekend.

ian ashton
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I've got an email off to them to see if I can visit their place later this week. They are in Alpharetta, GA which is only 1/2 hr or so from me. If I can get more/better pics, I'll post ASAP. If I get the OK that this can fit on the rad-a-cage tower, and it looks as good in person as it does on the net, I'll have one in my truck and pics of installing this weekend.

That would be great! I'm also in the market for a bimini, not sure which one I want though. I really like the looks of the towerbimini.com products, but the utility factor of this seems very cool too.

wolfeman131
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Anyone know the outside diameter of the rad-a-cage tubes?

A return email from Monster stated that the rack would fit 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" tubes. I

'm certain it will fit my tower, but just curious of the exact size.

pickle311
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
1 5/8" it should fit

ian ashton
08-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Drew,

The Outback tower is intact 1 5/8 in diameter.

I measure my tower for you tonight and the distance from tube to tube (at the top cross bar) is ~68", so it looks like you'd need their Medium sized unit.

Keep us posted!

wolfeman131
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Drew,

The Outback tower is intact 1 5/8 in diameter.

I measure my tower for you tonight and the distance from tube to tube (at the top cross bar) is ~68", so it looks like you'd need their Medium sized unit.

Keep us posted!

Ian,

THANKS for the assist! I'm planning to be a thier place on Thursday and will post what I find out.

volfo
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
wolf, very interested in what you find out. Going to the lake this weekend, and as soon as I get there Friday I will be measuring my tower to see what fits.

I also emailed monster and requested that they tell me the length of the biminis. I am tentatively planning on ordering after I measure my tower.