PDA

View Full Version : Ditch Boardin...

bobwells
08-24-2008, 08:32 PM
I let the kid come out in me yesterday... my 16 yr. old son Josh talked me into going on the hunt for flooded ditches. We took his 87' bronco 4x4 out in the national forest and found a stretch about a 1/4 mile long with a ditch full of water, tied off to the hitch and he strapped on an old CWB board and we commenced to having a ball !!! I felt like a kid again, we laughed our heads off, he had a couple pretty good spills, didnt get hurt tho. I was trying to drive and hold a camera out the window for picks... in the rain... they didnt turn out too good be we sure had a great time. building memories...

he bunny hopped a cpl. 180's but sure aint much wake :-)

gcombe74
08-24-2008, 10:53 PM
hey that is the bomb... I bet it was a blast!

I want to get a high speed winch bad... off our freeway the made this odd drainage area and in the fall and spring now it will be the perfect winch setup!

Sled491
08-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Man that sounds like just a blast, I bet you and your kid will use that day all through the winter!

kaneboats
08-25-2008, 07:53 AM
That's hilarious, Bob. Sure sounds like fun.

tazz3069
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
How much ballast did you use. HAHAHA JK!! Sounds like fun. Well if it ever rained here in Las Vegas, maybe we could try to do something like that.

Mrs.Daze
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
I was trying to drive and hold a camera out the window for picks... in the rain... they didnt turn out too good be we sure had a great time. building memories...

Post the pictures anyway!

Mrs. Kane
08-25-2008, 07:24 PM
bobwells,
We were worried about you guys. Glad all went and is well. I can't believe the rain we got! Sorry to see that something is brewing in the ocean now. I hope it gets sunny to dry us out a little first.

Take care. Tell the family we said hi.

bobwells
08-26-2008, 10:11 PM
We have faired all fine, people below the dam are evacuated and under major water. I came across hwy 20 below dam tonight on way home from work and water is coming across road. they said if it starts coming over bridge they will close rd. That will be a hassle to get to work then.. (a long way around) I pray this other one heads to a desolate area, of course there is no such thing on the coast line...one good thing is we are getting some water in lakes that have been dry for years ! Lake Jackson, Iamonia, Miccousoukee, etc. Hope all is good with yalls crew, God Bless, bob

p.s. we are having a party labor day for church group, if yall want to join us feel free !

kaneboats
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Bob, we're headed to see relatives in Hilton Head for Labor Day but we'll get by there before the water gets cold.

bobwells
08-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Post the pictures anyway!

"tow boat" not much wake but PLENTY of TORQUE !!!

Sled491
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Very funny, love it

Mrs.Daze
08-28-2008, 06:54 PM
That looks pretty cool!