PDA

View Full Version : Shower Install

waterboy
12-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to share my thoughts on a recently installed shower for the boat. It's awesome! After reading an install article on Wakeworld I gave it a try. It took the better part of a day from start to finish, but my wife was very pleased (she was skeptical at first) when she filled her wetsuit with warm water and stepped off the platform. No cold water shock! Helped her warm up after climbing out, too.I highly recommend getting one of these, it sure takes the edge off on those chilly days.
If you shop around you can find one with free shipping...I got mine from M&M Watersports. The intallation article can be found in the Wakeworld archives, it was very helpful since the directions that came with the shower are a little unclear at times.

Happy showering ;)
Brian

SMUMATTMAN
12-01-2003, 05:32 PM
Did you purchase the Aquatik 100-S or 300-S. Like you my wife would totally dig having a warm Shower.

waterboy
12-01-2003, 07:24 PM
It was the 100-S. I forgot to mention, had to buy some heater hose at the local car parts store because the hoses supplied weren't quite long enough to mount the controls where I wanted them. Other than that, it was an easy job. Just be sure to lay it all out first before you start.

Brian

noneya
12-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Did you have to cut a hole in your trunk floor? If not how did you get the hoses from the engine compartment into the trunk? What type of boat did you put it in?

thanks
mm

waterboy
12-03-2003, 04:01 AM
I have a 2001 Outback. Had to cut 2 small holes in the metal panel under the rear seat to run the hoses.
So, the hoses run from the engine back along the transmission, up through the metal plate, then I drilled 3 holes in the plastic panel leading to the ski locker. That's where I mounted the shower controls, off to one side.

Brian