PDA

View Full Version : When are the 09 V's..

tyweatherford
08-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Going to be able to be purchased?

tyweatherford
08-25-2008, 04:32 PM
And there using them now?

tyweatherford
08-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I have been reading alot lately on this forum, and i see that you are the "Man with the Plan" or info guy. I have a few question coming for a soon-to-be 1st time boat owner. Im 20 and in the Military. What would be the best boat that would fit me. I never ski only wakeboard/surf/skate. I really like how the OBV is a nice boat on the cheaper side. I was wondering if the new 09 model would be a good fit or an older LSV. I guess what im getting at is the best boat for least money, or resale value.

maxpower220
08-25-2008, 08:28 PM
When thinking about a boat and in the military, you need to think about storage. Also, I have been moving every 2-3 yrs in the military. Getting stationed from one coast to the other, you must have a good tow vehicle. I have had the most success with a sub 20' boat due to the ability to store it in a standard garage. You will want a tower that can fold down. When PCSing, the weight of the boat goes against your total weight allowed (based on paygrade) and you will have to move it yourself (of course you get paid).
I have gone over my allotted weight a few times and had to pay money back to the gov't. Make sure that you can afford the boat, insurance, and gas (maintenance). $70-100 fill ups hurt.

04OUTBACK
08-25-2008, 10:12 PM
TY,
My $0.02
I bought a (2004) 2 year old Outback to start with in 2006. Used it for one year and then upgraded to a 2006 LSV. I don't regret buying used a bit.

The 2002-2005 LSV's are the same hull as the 2006-08 Outback V's. The 2006-current LSV's are a little bigger(10" longer and deeper hull).
Nothing wrong with any of them.
Although, right now is a great time to buy a new one due to year end incentinves and pricing, you are still buying a new boat that is 1 Model year old as soon as you get it. Even though it has 0 hours, it is in the age category of a year old one..
If you can find a great deal on a 1-3 year old boat with low hours, I predict your cost of purchase/ownership will be much lower. In Mississippi, if you buy used from a person (not dealer) you don't have to pay tax when you register! 7% savings! BOOM! Check your state laws..
Also, If this is your first inboard boat, there will be some learning curve.. and no one wants to mistreat a new one!

My suggestion:
Determine What is important to you in a boat (Ballast, V Drive of Direct Drive, Perfect Pass or not, Tower, Speakers, etc.) and make sure you get a boat that has what you want...that will increase your chances of keeping it longer..
Hence My 1 year with my Outback.. loved the boat, but I wanted factory ballast, perf. pass, a bimini top, and once I sat in a V drive and saw the interior, I was ruined.

Last thought... think of resale... IF you have to sell the boat, will you be able to easily sell it without losing money? Used=depreciation has already hit it when you buy it... New...not as much..
Again, as I pointed out, if you can get a smoking deal on a closeout 08, and then 09s come out at regular price, you are ok on price...

I like new stuff, but i have been able to afford comfortably more boat by getting a used one..

Good luck!