PDA

View Full Version : Bow U Bolt

kmcg
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Has any one replaced the bow u bolt on the front of the boat? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

zegm
08-23-2008, 11:15 PM
This is one of the main attachment points, if you can get to it great if you can't you will be cutting fiberglass somewhere on the inside of the boat to access it. They weren't meant to be replaced. What happened?

kmcg
08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I was able to get the U bolt out this weekend. The two nuts are accessible. It turns out that the u bolt is sealed with caulk.

Thanks for the help!

kaneboats
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Poor guy doesn't know where he is. Everybody knows Louisville is in Tennessee.

jmvotto
08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
huh!!! lol

yearround
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Poor guy doesn't know where he is. Everybody knows Louisville is in Tennessee.

you silly southern boys, check your google. i gotta defend my neighbor, yes, there is a louisville in colorado.

km, where do you go? we mostly hit cherry creek, i am in SE metro.

cab13367
08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes. My brother lives there.

zegm
08-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Still no story on why you want to replace the U -bolt????? This only makes it more mysterious!

kaneboats
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I used to always wonder why my godfather would say "Las Vegas, Nevada". Every time he mentioned the place he would say "Las Vegas, Nevada". I kept thinking, "Doesn't everybody know where Vegas is?" Anyway, he's from Albuquerque. Turns out there's a Las Vegas, New Mexico not too far from Albuquerque. Makes a lot more sense now.

But what it doesn't explain is why someone from Louisville, Colorado would want to take out their U bolt.

JesseC
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe he wanted to put one of those stainless "bow guards" behind the U-bolt that protects the gel coat from trailer mishapps?????

kmcg
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I wish I had a better story for you, but I don't. I bought the boat used and the u bolt looked like it had sight damage from something metal rubbing against it. It was more of a discoloration. I found a u bolt at another dealer and decided to replace the original.

To answer the other questions, I usually boat at Standly Lake in Arvada. The stainless steel bow guard probably would not be a bad idea after the wife hit the dock hard two nights ago! (what can you do?). There are at least 9 Louisvilles in the USA and one in Canada (AL, CO, GA,IL, KY, MS, NE, OH, TN)

Cheers,

kaneboats
08-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Nothing you can do about the wife smacking the dock, or the trailer. She was so glad I was the one that hit the BIG ROCK.

brentsmiley
08-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Nothing you can do about the wife smacking the dock, or the trailer. She was so glad I was the one that hit the BIG ROCK.

As soon as I pulled the boat out of the water and looked at the damage, I was thanking God it was me and not her. I had been on her case all day about driving too close to shore.