PDA

View Full Version : CD changer/amp questions

waterboy
11-26-2003, 06:39 AM
I have a 2001 Outback LS with the Kenwood CD player. I'd like to add a 10 disc changer, does anyone know what the model number is for Kenwood changer that goes with it, or are they all compatible?

Nevermind, I got help from the Kenwood website. I do have another question or two....where is the cd changer mounted from the factory? Also, if anyone has the stereo with the optional amp in their Outback...where is that mounted?

Thanks,
Brian

Livindadream
12-01-2003, 06:43 PM
Have a Mobius, but my amp is mounted in the storage area behing the observation seat. Seems like a good spot.

waterboy
12-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Thanks, that's what I figured. Could you describe exactly where? I'm trying to mimic a factory installation as much as possible.

Brian

Livindadream
12-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Yep.. Where the passenger side seat in the bow comes down, it makes a bulkhead in the storage compartment. It is mounted on it. My amp and changer are both mounted on it. FYI, my buddy mounted his on the bulkhead at the very front of the area at the drivers feet. Kind of a tough spot to get to, but it is really out of the way.

noneya
12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
I mounted a sub-woofer in the compartment in front of the drivers feet, worked well, didnt have to run the cables from the head unit far, used the wall by your feet for mounting, cant see it and it doesnt really take any usable storage area.

waterboy
12-03-2003, 03:54 AM
Thanks guys!

Brian

SMUMATTMAN
12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
I added the 10 disk CD Changer to my Mobius in an alternate place that was easy and works great. I attached it directly to the underside of the observation seat. When I need to add or remove CD I just lift the seat lay it on it's side and have easy access to the changer. It works great and I haven't had any skips. I decided to mount it here because my wide normally has the storage are packed with stuff and didn't want to have unpack everytime I wanted to change the disks. My amp is in the storage area, but I never need to mess with it.

Livindadream
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey man, don't let your "wide" read this. She may be offended

SMUMATTMAN
12-04-2003, 11:05 AM
Dude, Good save!! I have edited. Man the D and F key are close on a keyboard.

Livindadream
12-04-2003, 11:21 AM
:-D Nearly a fatal error!!!!!

Bfrank
12-21-2003, 12:51 PM
I am going to attempt this as well in the spring. I would love to hear how easy or hard your installation went.
I was crawling around looking at places to run wires and mount equipment, looks like there is a ton of room for everything. I was blown away with prices on equipment, wow.

Please shoot back some tips when you are finished.

Brent
Ventura, Ca.