PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Fall Freedom Problems

Bluepilot
08-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Well I must say I have never felt more dissapointed in my life. I called skiers choise on the week before aug 11th. Asked to talk to someone about a outback v and a lsv. Person was very nice and helped me alot. During the chit chat I point blank asked the guy are you offering any fall rebates. He said no they never offer any. He did say they would help a dealer on boat by boat basis. So I get my letter dated at the top July 25th. Program starts august 11th. Bought my boat august 9th. I am calling my dealer and skiers choice in the morning. If I cant get any help this will be my last new moomba or supra. I have bought 2 new boats 07 and 08. I really hope they can do something, I buy a boat every 2 years or so.

ian ashton
08-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Pretty much the same thing happened with that other guy too, sucks.

Dave A
08-22-2008, 11:19 AM
This is the 1st year I have seen them offer something like this.. I could be wrong. It looks like Mastercraft is doing the same thing. Enjoy your boat, maybe they can help with the 2k, maybe not, either way you got a quality product that you will enjoy as long as you have it.

Dave

moombadaze
08-22-2008, 11:41 AM
had i know i would have waited a month. thats life sometimes. its not going to ruin my boat ownership one bit.

maxpower220
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Most states have consumer protection laws concerning rebates. You have probably used this at Circuit City or Best Buy type stores, if the price is cheaper within 30 days of purchase. You may search the internet for your state's law, or call your local BBB to get pointed in the right direction.

Did you feel like you got a good deal before you read about this? If so, then much worse things could happen.

Bluepilot
08-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Well I thought my deal was good. Just sensed some deception.But Im not going to worry about it did my best. What else can I do? lol

Derteeberd
09-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I had been looking at buying a new Outback this summer to upgrade from our 97 and had been visiting dealers/watching prices on the internet. I received this coupon a week ago like most people.

My wife went to the dealer today to check to see if they still had the boat we liked and the price is now $2000 higher than I remember from about 1 month ago!

kaneboats
09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
It'll come down. Snow has a way of doing that.

shinknasty
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
I had been looking at buying a new Outback this summer to upgrade from our 97 and had been visiting dealers/watching prices on the internet. I received this coupon a week ago like most people.

My wife went to the dealer today to check to see if they still had the boat we liked and the price is now $2000 higher than I remember from about 1 month ago!

Derteeberd keep looking I felt the same way the dealer I bought my first boat from raised there prices $3000 to $4000 and they didnt want to deal that much on there boats. So I waited and keep looking and found a dealer local that had just open (Meyer Marine) they saved me alot and I got to use my rebate when I traded my outback v in. Example the dealer I bought my outback from wanted $59000.00 for there gravity games boat and I got it for $48000.00 and used my rebate and my local dealer (Meyer Marine) was GREAT TO WORK WITH HAD NO PROBLEMS AND VERY PLEASED WITH THERE SERVICE THANKS MEYER MARINE