PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a Ronix Stage

GeauxTigers
08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Hey everyone... Marine Products in Salt Lake is having their end of summer sale this week and I picked up what I think is a good deal on a Ronix Stage 5'-4" board.
I know nothing about wakesurfing but I seek to learn! <Call me young grashopper>

I will let you guys know how it works out, hopefully after this weekend.

:p

GeauxTigers
08-24-2008, 10:05 PM
hey everyone... did not quite get the free ride but I was able to get many stretches where the rope got plenty of slack in it. I was also able to let go of one hand and have a little fun going left and right. It was total exhilaration! I can tell you that I have always had zero athletic ability and this is sooo much fun, I think the missus will have a hard time keeping me out of the water! Here are a couple of pictures my daughter took with my Blackberry. By the time I started riding a bit better, the phone SIM was full. :(

tazz3069
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the new board. We are going to Powell this weekend. We rented a few condos on the water.

cab13367
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey,

Glad to see you got to try out your new board. Please tell me about your set up. Looking at that wave, it doesn't look like your boat is listing (leaning) at all. And that person sitting on the sun pad should be on the surf side.

What are you running for ballast? What speed were you going?

Al

GeauxTigers
08-24-2008, 10:28 PM
I know I am going to get lynched for this but here we go.... I have no idea what the set up is because I was not on my boat. I was on my friends MC X45. <ducking and running!>. Personally, I think his wake is big but not smooth at all. He just filled all three ballasts to the top and we rode! I have seen many Moomba wakes on pictures here that seem a lot smoother than his wake.

cab13367
08-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Next time, have him fill the center and the surf side ballast only and have everyone sit on the surf side of the boat. That will increase the side of the wake and clean it up as well.

Below is a pic of me behind my boat with the 400# center ballast and a 750# surf side ballast filled. On board were 3 adults and two kids. Speed was 10 mph, wake plate all the way up.

Al

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/reactsurf/IMG_0679.jpg

GeauxTigers
08-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Al:
Thanks for the tip. I will use that info when I take my boat out next time. Your wake looks very clean! Nice free ride there as well. At one point, I was getting tons of slack on the rope and I thought I was going to be able to let go. No dice though.

tlatoani
08-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah you wont have a ton of luck without the boat leaning big time. Ours looks like the boat in Jaws as it sinking. Make sure any trim plates put the stern down too.

04OUTBACK
08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Also,
I see someone sitting on the back deck, but opposite the surf side. If someone is gonna sit back there, have them sit on same side you are surfing to help the boat list over more..
Don't worry, I have cheated on my Moomba some with a MC X30. It's just easier sometimes to drive to his dock sans boat and ride in his!
But, the X30 does not have enough fact. ballast to enjoy surfing properly without lots o people.
We have to keep it in a circle to get much of a wave.. Like my LSV better since I have more ballast for surfing...
But like said above...dump the opposite side ballast..