PDA

View Full Version : dripless?

moombadaze
08-21-2008, 05:25 PM
trying to figure out if my 08 lsv has the "dripless" shaft seal?--looked in the whats new section and cant find info.
Al mentioned it in a different posting and just trying to figure out what i have

thanks

Razzman
08-21-2008, 08:18 PM
My '07 does so i would assume an '08 does.

zegm
08-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Pat,

Yes we have the dripless shafts! Not that there was much wrong with the old style with the packing. That little bit of water didn't hurt a fly sitting on the bottom of the hull eating the crumbs the kids dropped while we were out surfing last weekend! ;)

Mobidick
08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I have heard that when a regular seal starts to "go out" it will drip more and more until a small trickle is coming out but you can usually tighten the packing a little more to make it home. Because of the way a dripless seal is designed, when it goes out it doesn't usually give much warning and it leaks a ton. A friend of mine that was in the Coast Guard said his crew saved a lot of fishermen from boats that had their dripless seals go out. However, I'm sure these boats had alot bigger shaft seals and leaked water faster.

Jamie

zegm
08-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Pat, Stacy,

Please forgive me!!!!

Pat = Kaneboats
Stacy = Moombadaze

Again sorry!!!

While I am at it (getting old and loosing the mind) I better practice this one too!
MrsZ = Ginny

moombadaze
08-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Zegm, no worries.

kaneboats
08-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Shoot, I took that one as a compliment.