PDA

View Full Version : 2008 outback

local 11 spark
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM
So, I'm thinking of trading in my '08 outback I bought in January for an ouback v. I love the slalom wake, the thing is an awesome boat for skiing. Wakeboarding on the other hand...I've had 3 guys sitting in the back seat, about 650# total, and the wake leaves alot to be desired. Also, looking for the V-drive roominess. Would I be giving up THAT much perfect wake with the V?? Anyone got any thoughts on Sanger boats?

jester
08-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Local 11,

I think i met you at the AWS SC event. Anyways if you want to go out sometime and check out the wake on the OBV let me know. I have my 08 OBV at Detroit and will be there starting tomorrow morning for the weekend. I also know AWS has a 09 OBV. Should hit them up for a test drive and a few turns around the river.

local 11 spark
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey Jester, I coudn't make the Moomba/SC event, it was my daughters 20th birthday...Yea, I talked to Greg today, I'm gonna test drive the '09 on Friday. How's the wake on your boat for slalom??

jester
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi Local 11, That is right. Short memory. I dont slalom anymore but i have been told it is nice. My mom slalom's but is looking for a new ski so we have been taking her wakeboarding. You will have to post and let everyone know how the 09 is.

Sled491
08-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Local 11, I was under the impression that Sanger stop making boats in 07. Outback V skiing wake for those who really ski will be an eye opener. For your average skier I would be OK.

local 11 spark
08-21-2008, 11:44 PM
No Sled, Sanger is still in business...I'm looking at a V215. Buy I'll test drive the '09 outback v tomorrow and see. I really do think my outback is a great boat though.

Sled491
08-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I only say this as my buddy is a huge footer. The Sanger is the only boat for footers, so my buddy was thinking of getting another one as his is getting a little tired but still in A1 condition. He was telling me that his next one would have to be a used one as they were on longer making them. Maybe he just meant the version he has?

local 11 spark
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Yea, I've got a friend who has the V215, it's a nice boat. I'm not so sure about skiing behind it though. They're made in California, been in business for years.

local 11 spark
08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, I test drove the '09 outback v yesterday. Great boat, seems like it will handle bigger water, say in the columbia river, better than my '08 outback. It's quieter than mine, probably because the engine being in the back. Doesn't handle as well as mine though. Greg said that a v-drive typically won't handle as well as a direct drive. All in all, I'd say Skiers Choice hit a home run with this boat...

wolfeman131
08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
no pics from the test ride?

Tales08
08-24-2008, 12:37 AM
And how was the 09's wake for skiing?

local 11 spark
08-24-2008, 12:50 AM
the wake looked good for skiing, not as good as my outback though. I don't think I would trade my boat in for an outback v. I'm thinking now a mobius ls. Anybody have an LS that can tell me about the ski wake on it?

Sled491
08-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Check with ZEGM and Bambam both have LS's

bambam26
08-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I have the LS and I love it! It is good for everything from skiing to surfing. I am very pleased with it for skiing although it isn't the same wake as the outback it is still decent. I have been behind both and the outback is better but the ls has much more to offer in my opinion. I bought from Greg also and he was awesome to us. If your up my way I would be happy to give you a pull. I am in Poulsbo Wa so a bit far but the offer is there anyways............Bambam

zegm
08-24-2008, 10:26 AM
local,

We were like you going to purchase on Outback V but ended up getting an LS for 3 reasons.
1. Better slalom wake and the ability to do the wakefun things too
2. Bigger boat for the same price and its a Mobius so tower and Gravity one standard.
3. Awesome z-cargo top
We love it, depending on your speed behind the boat the slalom wake is not bad, it will not be as good as an Outback but it will be better than the Outback V which we also test drove. We owned a very old MasterCraft for over 22 years and the family skis and wakeboards and now surfs, all this behind our LS. Do a search on zegm or MrsZ for skiing post. And there is something to be said of the feel and culture of a DD, I am glad we kept up this tradition! We love our LS! Now is Fay would just go away!!!!

local 11 spark
08-24-2008, 06:48 PM
yea, nice wake, Bam! I really like the DD, and I think the Ls is something I'll look at in the next few months...maybe the January boat show, or night of the stars at AWS! Thanks for the info, guys really appreciated

bambam26
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
11- I am going to go down to night of the stars this year with my wife and girls. We bought our LS at it last year and you will get just as good a deal as the boat shows. I already have the day off and am getting a hotel soon to go, look me up while there you cant miss me 6'6" short blond hair and a big guy..............