PDA

View Full Version : Moomba LSV - Thoughts and Opinions

bradenb12
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I currently own a 2000 Mobius V but lately have been kicking around the idea of selling this winter and upgrading. Originally, I hate to say it but I thought about going Mastercraft, an older X-Star or 205V but after being in an '01 X-Star there just isn't enough room in the boat for what I need. I love the roominess of my Mobius V!

Anyway, I was up in Kansas City last week and stopped by the local Moomba/Supra dealer and had a chance to see a 2008 LSV in person...all I can say is WOW! It was gorgeous inside and out, great vinyl, fit and finish, dash, etc. So that got me off of the MC kick I was on and now I'm really thinking about an '06 or '07 LSV.

I'm sure everybody on here loves their LSVs but just looking for some feedback regarding: wake, wakesurf wake, engine options, ballast, roominess, overall performance, etc. and any other things you wanna chime in on. And post up pics of your LSVs!

madriding1
08-19-2008, 02:46 PM
2008 Lsv.. Love It!!

Razzman
08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
I absolutely love mine and wouldn't change it for anything! And my wife would kill me if i did!

pickle311
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
It's tough to beat the LSV. I've got an 07 and we absolutely love the boat. It handles great, throws a killer surf and wakeboard wake. I had 10 people in mine this past saturday and never felt cramped or had anyone in the way. I was also running about 1500lbs of ballast. The boat jumps right out the hole and you can't even feel the weight. It has the 325hp motor with the wakeboard upgraded prop. Test drive one and you will like it even more.

bradenb12
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
How is the surf wake on the starboard (goofy) side?

pickle311
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
How is the surf wake on the starboard (goofy) side?

that's for goofballs, I stay away from them haha

Razzman
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
can't say as i've never tried, but it's real nice on the port side especially with a 750 stuffed in there! :D

04OUTBACK
08-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Braden
06 :LSV
Goofy side surf seems a little better on my.. driver weight seems to help a little!
If you get an 06, try to get one with 325HP EFI engine over 310...I have had both, and Had NO problems with 310 Carb, but 325 is easier if you get one without Perf Pass and need to add., plus cranking is a breeze on EFI...no throttle priming, etc.
06 LSV's came with 275 lb fat sacs in rear on Grav III ballast. 07 08 come with 400 lb sacs. To surf, you'll want a 750. If you have 400's, you can buy 1 750 and put the quick disconnect fittings on it and easily swap for surf..

The LSV loves more weight in the bow for wakeboarding.. fill the rear 400's and put a little people weight up front and it is super.

06 -newer LSV's have beefier towers..

Ditto the ROOMIER comments! i had 04 outback prior and loved it, but space is awesome in this boat..
By the way, saw the pics of your Mob V on wakeworld.. GREAT looking ride.. looks clean!

bradenb12
08-19-2008, 05:06 PM
04OUTBACK,
Thanks for the compliment on my boat! Yeah, my Mob V has the 330HP MPI Assault, it's quite a hoss! I wouldn't go with a carb motor after having EFI. The towers on the '06 and up LSV and XLV look much better than the older rad-a-cage. I did notice they changed the drivers seat in '07, looks a little nicer. Is the vinyl the same from '06 to '07? I'm guessing the only main thing they changed in '08 was the dash/cockpit?

pickle311
08-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I do think the vinyl on the 06 and 07s are the same. And for 08, the only major update was the dash. The pre 06 LSVs are far different, it's a completely different hull. That hull was the Outback V from 06 to 08. It has changed for 09.

mattsmoomba
08-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Bought a 08' LSV traded in my 00' outback direct drive. MY GOD what a dream this boat is. Few little things though, first the stereo in the glove box, not a good spot, takes what little room you have. All that room under the steering wheel, could have made a special compartment for it. Driver should always have the deck close to him.

They could have put some compartments in and around to put things such as keys, wallets..etc.. Malibu boats have compartments everywhere and it's very cool.

We've started to really get into the wakesurfing but I've found that the factory ballast sacks don't cut it. 400lbs sacks are not enough. I guess I need to upgrade that.

deafgoose
08-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Bought a 08' LSV traded in my 00' outback direct drive. MY GOD what a dream this boat is. Few little things though, first the stereo in the glove box, not a good spot, takes what little room you have. All that room under the steering wheel, could have made a special compartment for it. Driver should always have the deck close to him.

They could have put some compartments in and around to put things such as keys, wallets..etc.. Malibu boats have compartments everywhere and it's very cool.

We've started to really get into the wakesurfing but I've found that the factory ballast sacks don't cut it. 400lbs sacks are not enough. I guess I need to upgrade that.

Keep in mind these ballast bags were designed for wakeboarding, not wakesurfing.

04OUTBACK
08-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I am not sure if the 06 -07 vinyl is the same, but I know that in 07, they switched to a gore tex thread on the seats that is more durable.

BW

cab13367
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Matt,

You'll need to buy a 20x20x50" fly high fat sac with the correct fittings. So when it's time to surf, just swap the surf side 400 with the 750. See buywake.com or wakeside.com.

Al

cab13367
08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
I currently own a 2000 Mobius V but lately have been kicking around the idea of selling this winter and upgrading. Originally, I hate to say it but I thought about going Mastercraft, an older X-Star or 205V but after being in an '01 X-Star there just isn't enough room in the boat for what I need. I love the roominess of my Mobius V!

Anyway, I was up in Kansas City last week and stopped by the local Moomba/Supra dealer and had a chance to see a 2008 LSV in person...all I can say is WOW! It was gorgeous inside and out, great vinyl, fit and finish, dash, etc. So that got me off of the MC kick I was on and now I'm really thinking about an '06 or '07 LSV.

I'm sure everybody on here loves their LSVs but just looking for some feedback regarding: wake, wakesurf wake, engine options, ballast, roominess, overall performance, etc. and any other things you wanna chime in on. And post up pics of your LSVs!
Braden,

I've got a 2006 LSV with the 325HP MPI and absolutely love this boat. I think it's just the right size for us - roomier and more freeboard than the V, fits in my garage unlike the XLV. It's got lots of interior room and has huge storage compartments on either side of the engine. A 750lb fat sac fits fine which is key for surfing. Mine came with 275lb bags in each rear compartment and a 400 in the ski locker. I upgraded the 275's to 400's for wakeboarding and I have a 750 that I swap for one of the 400's for surfing. For my ability, the wakeboarding wake and wakesurfing wave are both plently big and clean.

The 2006 was not as fancy as the 2007 & 2008 - it has thinner, not as plush carpet (which I like because it dries fast); had plastic instead of stainless cup holders and grab rails; has a not as nice driver's seat; does not have the dripless prop shaft seal as the newer boats; came with 275 instead of 400 lb ballast in the rear lockers; different grab rails in the bow; did not have interior courtesy lighting. All of these are easily upgradeable though other than the carpet. See the link below to see upgrades I've done to mine:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=4650

We surf, wakeboard, ski (not slalom though), and tube and it's a great boat for these activities. Must have options in my book are the wakeplate, Gravity III, and Perfect Pass.

I kept my last boat for 15 years and I am sure I will keep this one at least that long (unless someone comes up with something that I can't live without and can't add to this boat :o).

Hope that helps.

Al

bradenb12
08-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! Helpful information...Al, sweet boat by the way!