PDA

View Full Version : Love my LSV

cab13367
08-17-2008, 12:49 PM
It was 100 degrees plus in the Portland area on Friday, so I took the day off and went to the local lake to beat the heat. Had 3 adults and 7 kids on board. We spent about 8 hours on the lake skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and yes, tubing. Also spent a lot of time anchored and swimming. I was conscious of possible vapor lock issues from reading about it on this board and from experiencing it first hand from my brother's Tige last month so I ran the blower all the time the engine was running, and usually for about 5 minutes after shutting it off. I am pleased to say that I did not have any issues. She started right up every time, just like she always has.

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this boat. It's absolutely the right boat for us.

BTW, this is the first time I've had her out since plugging the ski locker drain hole and there was very little water in there compared to before. Without the plug, water from the bilge drains into the ski locker, rather than water draining out of the ski locker. With the plug in place, there was a little water in there from the kids dripping on the boat, but very little compared to before.

So I highly recommend plugging the ski locker drain for this hull.

Al

yearround
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
It was 100 degrees plus in the Portland area on Friday, so I took the day off and went to the local lake to beat the heat. Had 3 adults and 7 kids on board. We spent about 8 hours on the lake skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, and yes, tubing. Also spent a lot of time anchored and swimming. I was conscious of possible vapor lock issues from reading about it on this board and from experiencing it first hand from my brother's Tige last month so I ran the blower all the time the engine was running, and usually for about 5 minutes after shutting it off. I am pleased to say that I did not have any issues. She started right up every time, just like she always has.

Just wanted to say how pleased I am with this boat. It's absolutely the right boat for us.

BTW, this is the first time I've had her out since plugging the ski locker drain hole and there was very little water in there compared to before. Without the plug, water from the bilge drains into the ski locker, rather than water draining out of the ski locker. With the plug in place, there was a little water in there from the kids dripping on the boat, but very little compared to before.

So I highly recommend plugging the ski locker drain for this hull.

Al

great escape! glad you had such a great time on the water, and a successful trip as well! i am still looking for a plug to fit in the locker, i have not been to a store yet to look.

i have not been concerned about vapor lock, i thought that was not really an issue with fuel injection.

MrsZ
08-19-2008, 06:45 AM
That is a great idea. I am going to plug ours too. I just had to remove the mat that is in in the bottom cause it was FULL of oilly gunk. Yuck! Eliza's skiis get all yucky too. Our bilge got pretty bad during the engine change out and it migrated to the ski locker too. I cleaned out the locker but the bilge keeps getting it re-grossed.

moombadaze
08-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Al, i agree with the love for the lsv, every time we go out i tell my wife how happy i am with this boat.

MrsZ, maybe try putting some dawn dishwashing soap in the bildge and let it break the oil up and then drain it out-may have to do it a couple times to get all the crud out.

tarkus70
08-19-2008, 08:54 AM
I use dish soap but simple green would work. I also took the mat out due to it collecting things.

04OUTBACK
08-19-2008, 11:22 AM
LSV Love here too!

jmvotto
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Ditto Ed on the simple green, I used it to clean out the grime in the ski lockers before i plugged it. I forgot how great this stuff works especially the "green" Part of it around the lake":D

mattsmoomba
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi AL...Matt here, we live in Prineville and bought an 08' LSV this summer, just like you we love the boat to death. I just read your thread and noticed you mentioned water in the middle ski compartment. This has been a big pain for me because I constantly have remove the water by hand. You mentioned plugging the hole, is there a plug or did you gimmy it??

Matt

cab13367
08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi AL...Matt here, we live in Prineville and bought an 08' LSV this summer, just like you we love the boat to death. I just read your thread and noticed you mentioned water in the middle ski compartment. This has been a big pain for me because I constantly have remove the water by hand. You mentioned plugging the hole, is there a plug or did you gimmy it??

Matt
Matt,

Congrats on the new boat. I was doing the same thing (pumping the water out manually). I got the idea for the plug on this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6105&page=2

I used a cork plug from Home Depot but I think the "test plug" that jmvotto suggests is a better solution as it's easily removable.

Since I never store any skis in the ski locker, I removed the rubber mat also as it's always getting wet and makes it harder to dry out the locker. Plus, I gain another 1/2" of ballast weight :o)

Al