PDA

View Full Version : Why no ski locker?

TL7
08-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I have an 07 Outback. I was curious as to why they don't have a ski locker in them. What's under the walkway in the front? The cooler only goes so far...seems like a waste of space. I would have loved to be able to plumb a sac into the ski locker. Anyone know why they went without one?

Kidder
08-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I have an 07 Outback. I was curious as to why they don't have a ski locker in them. What's under the walkway in the front? The cooler only goes so far...seems like a waste of space. I would have loved to be able to plumb a sac into the ski locker. Anyone know why they went without one?

That's kind of surprising. My Mobius LS has a ski locker up towards the front. Is yours an Outback V or Outback? I assume yours is a V. You'd figure the standard Outback had a ski locker since it's a certified towboat.

Sled491
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM
The Outback does have a ski locker, it's in the back under the sun deck. Doesn't help for fat sacs though. It's my understanding that the Outback DD does not benifit from forward ballast due to its hull shape

deafgoose
08-17-2008, 12:06 PM
That's kind of surprising. My Mobius LS has a ski locker up towards the front. Is yours an Outback V or Outback? I assume yours is a V. You'd figure the standard Outback had a ski locker since it's a certified towboat.

The Outback V does have a ski locker.

Kidder
08-17-2008, 12:23 PM
The Outback V does have a ski locker.

Cool. Maybe he was inquiring about a wet locker?

04OUTBACK
08-17-2008, 12:24 PM
OUtback does like some forward weight for wakeboarding.. but more of a 65/35 balance (R/F)
true..ski locker is in back..
you could do something under the front seats..
My best wake ever in my outback was a boat full of people with about 400-450 in people up front...
and about 700-800 in people in main cockpit.. (no ballast bags full)

When I had a small crew, I filled a 400lb back under rear seat and a 275 in the walkway where you would have had the locker..

pickle311
08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
the reason there isn't a ski locker in the floor is because there isn't enough room in the hull. It's not deep enough. You can fit the launch pad 150lb sacks under each front seat though.

deafgoose
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
the reason there isn't a ski locker in the floor is because there isn't enough room in the hull. It's not deep enough. You can fit the launch pad 150lb sacks under each front seat though.

I was under the impression the Outback and Outback V shared the same hull. :confused:

Sled491
08-17-2008, 09:18 PM
DG, you would be mistaken. The Outback V has a deeper V in the bow, and I believe the cut backs in the mid section are different as well

deafgoose
08-17-2008, 10:14 PM
DG, you would be mistaken. The Outback V has a deeper V in the bow, and I believe the cut backs in the mid section are different as well

Learn something new every day. :)