View Full Version : good weather site for the SE

moombadaze
08-15-2008, 08:58 PM
for those of us in the south east this is a good tropical weather site

http://www.crownweather.com/tropical.html#AL06

looks like florida is in the cone of doom at this time

04OUTBACK
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
WELL, Orlando COULD use a little water in the lakes...

moombadaze
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Ed, looks like fay wants you to give a surf lesson at your place. track has moved a little more east.

moombadaze
08-17-2008, 05:56 PM
last track moved west again-that puts in the stronger wind side. wish i had the storm panels.

MOOMBA_97
08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
We'll be dealing with a that thing up here too but not nearly as bad. Be carefull guys.

Monty

moombadaze
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
Nothing yet as far as boarding up. I did start clearing off the pool deck and will bring everthing inside tonight after work.

moombadaze
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
check this mess out-where is she going??/

kaneboats
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
She's definitely headed your way. The best thing would be if she came ashore quickly. If she runs up the Gulf coast and stays mostly over water she could get to hurricane strength very quickly. But, if she comes ashore down S. of Marco, then it shouldn't be nearly as bad. I wish she'd run up through the Atlanta area and drop some rain on them.

wolfeman131
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM
She's definitely headed your way. The best thing would be if she came ashore quickly. If she runs up the Gulf coast and stays mostly over water she could get to hurricane strength very quickly. But, if she comes ashore down S. of Marco, then it shouldn't be nearly as bad. I wish she'd run up through the Atlanta area and drop some rain on them.

Hope all you Floridians stay safe over the next few days. We'll take the rain in Atlanta, but would prefer it during the week when the kids are in school!

kaneboats
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
This is the best graphic I've seen:

http://www.accuweather.com/radar-large.asp?site=FLS&type=SIR&anim=1&level=state&large=1

zegm
08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
This site has always been my favorite due to all of the options you can review. Here are the computer models for Fay.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200806_model.html#a_topad

moombadaze
08-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Ed, looks like fay wants to fill your lake up-headed right for you. be safe.

JesseC
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Ed, let us know when things have settled down for you. I will make sure you and the others in the Floridian chapter of the clan are in my prayers this evening.

Good luck and God bless your familys!!!

dtlaine
08-18-2008, 09:11 PM
The weather.com forecast shows Tampa/St. Pete completely out of the path now. I think Naples, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, Melbourne, and Daytona are going to get some rain. I hope Orlando gets just a little less than too much to fill those lakes up.

Good luck, everyone.

JesseC
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the well wishes Jesse, looks like you saved us Central Floridians - once again :)

Damn. Now I don't have a good excuse to stay home from work.

No prob, but next time I will pray that the storm waits until the last minute to do a zig-zag around your place and favorite lake spot so that you will still get the day off.....

moombadaze
08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Pat and Mike, keep an eye out-looks to be headed your way now. crazy storm.

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
It's ridiculous, isn't it? I mean, lots of FL needs the rain but maybe not all at once. I still hope it heads up toward Atlanta.

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 11:27 AM
That's it? I would have thought you guys got a lot more than that.

moombadaze
08-20-2008, 12:41 PM
rain, we got no stinkin rain, think my pool went down a 1/8", Eds "trouser sneeze" would have more force than the wind we got.

Mrs. Kane
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
RE: Cleaning up your yard b/4 hurricane

Being from the Midwest I am not use to hurricanes. We get tornados. And as some of you may know, this is the notice you get. You hear the sirens (hopefully), you look out the windows to see if the sky is "green" and all still, then you RUN to the basement or the bathtub. You don't have time to "clean up". So during my first "hurricane", Dennis I think, I was at Walmart doing my regular shopping. There were a lot of people there, like always. But everyone was RUDE! Pushing, running into me and my cart and there wasn't a battery, bottle of water or canned food item to be found. Finally, I said, "what is going on?" A lady answered "Dennis, and we were here for Kate when we didn't have power for 2 weeks" So then I of course,
FREAKED OUT like everyone else!
I asked what I should do. She told me about the "clean up" and how your patio umbrella could kill someone.
I came home and Kaneboats very calmly (he's been through hurricanes before) said, "if it's coming this way, we're.." and I quote "hitching up the boat and driving north". AND that was before we owned the Moomba :)

MrsZ
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
MrsKane, That is Hilarious! And Hey! I have missed you.

Mrs. Kane
08-20-2008, 08:52 PM
I know, I am sorry I have not been on board. I got a listing Sunday and showed houses Sunday afternoon. The kids went back to school Monday. Have to show a house again tomorrow and more houses to some one else. I AM NOT COMPLAINING, just explaining I'VE BEEN BUSY!!! Hopefully the schedules will kick in. If this keeps up, I'll get my V drive in no time!!!
Take care. Talk to you soon.

kaneboats
08-21-2008, 01:44 PM
I noticed the "my" in that post. I like to see women take ownership of the maintenance, insurance, payments, fuel, accessories, equipment, trailer bearings . . .

MrsZ
08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I like to see....

Mrs. Kane
08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
PERFECT, Mrs. Z!!!!

Thanks!

JesseC
08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I like to see....

When did my wife send you the pic of me vacuuming????

kaneboats
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Hate to tell those women I'd have a better shot with that guy than they would.

MrsZ
08-22-2008, 04:23 PM
JesseC, you gonna let Kaneboats talk about you like that?

moombadaze
08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I know, I am sorry I have not been on board. I got a listing Sunday and showed houses Sunday afternoon. The kids went back to school Monday. Have to show a house again tomorrow and more houses to some one else. I AM NOT COMPLAINING, just explaining I'VE BEEN BUSY!!! Hopefully the schedules will kick in. If this keeps up, I'll get my V drive in no time!!!
Take care. Talk to you soon.

Mrs. Kane,
we got our certificate for the 2,000 dollars off in the mail--its yours if you want it. Land o Lakes marine has a v drive that just came in--that boat is shrink wraped sitting on my new trailer right now.

kaneboats
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Just got my letter too. Doesn't say limit one per owner. If we got yours and Ed's and ours . . .

zegm
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Time to redirect this back to the Post! Well, ok we got the certificate too so if someone needs one let us know. OK back to the post, the models for Gustav changed last night, swinging back to the East, even showing PC as a potential target!!! That puts us and Maxpower in range!!!

Mrs. Kane
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Okay, that's $8,000 just need what? 15 more certs? HA!